NSFW What do you think to this?..Terry Richardson.

I think, as someone else said, that without the camera he would have been locked up a while ago.

I think it's a sensationalist article. The photographs of him having sex are all from a well known body of work that he produced. It's not illegal to sleep with a model.

However there are some very serious allegations about him from some other models. Hopefully the women in question will go to the police and they will investigate. But the article you linked just seems to be confusing allegations with fiction here, which makes it at best, journalism of the sloppiest kind.

But whatever he has done / not done, he shoots great pictures. And makes a lot of money.

Bit strong without any actual proof, I think if the police had a shred of evidence they would have nicked him by now, especially in light of Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris, etc. etc.

i bet the police over there havnt heard of saville ,,hall and any other convicted s/bag from over here

Truth be told I'd never head of him before clicking that link, hardly surprising I've not heard of him though as he's in a genre I have little to know interest in, I'm sure if there was a case to answer in the most litigious country in the world he would have been bankrupted and jailed by now :( does sound a right scum bag though

Never liked his idea of photography (if you can call it that) the guy has no real talent apart from the talk and the 'it's not who you know', but the evidence is stacking up to be honest. It won't be long before he is caught if the accusations are true.

He may be a misogynistic asshat, but he's not doing anything illegal unless the models are minors. His motivation for being a photographer is pretty obvious when you consider how crap his work is though.

I think that if I were to post my, and a lot of the industry's, views on him would get me banned from the forum....

It does remind me of the ancient cartoon of the beautiful nude model asking "... and what made you take up art, Mr Richardson?" while on the other side of the easel, he's drawing a stick figure

He may be a misogynistic asshat, but he's not doing anything illegal unless the models are minors. His motivation for being a photographer is pretty obvious when you consider how crap his work is though.

You could say the same about anyone who photographs models who's work you don't like.

Just because something is not to your taste, does not mean it's 'crap'.

Article is utter drivel. And whilst I'm not really that clued up on him, a lot of the less 'sexualised' and 'penisy' ones are actually very good, so what if it's simple? I quite like the Obama ones.

I stopped reading after the writer called him racist for shooting mainly white girls. Which is a ridiculous link to make.

But the point being from our professional view, his work is crap!

Thankfully the world is diverse!

Although I don't think being 'professional' qualifies an opinion - plenty of 'professionals' who can't tell a good photograph from a bad photograph, a fashionable photograph from an unfashionable photograph, or the difference between something they don't like and something that just isn't very good.

I don't like Jurgen Teller... or Thomas Ruff... but I appreciate their work. This bloke just shoots the same old crap, year in, year out.. and has been doing forever.... it's tired now. This has nothing to do with his behaviour... He's an adult, his models are adults... why people are bringing Savile into this is beyond me.

I'm not getting into the debate about his morals.. none of my business what consenting adults get up to.

Back