What does TF basis mean?

You mean like TFP/TFCD?

TFP/CD is time for print/cd, where a model is compensated with prints or a disk of images rather than a fee.

TFP: What Is It And Why Do I Care?

Many photographers, models, makeup artists, and so forth do shoots on a “TFP” basis. Some do strictly TFP, some do a mix of TFP and pay shoots. What should you expect from a photographer who wants to shoot TFP? What exactly is TFP?
TFP stands for one or more of the following:
Time For Prints

Time For Portfolio
Trade For Prints

Trade For Portfolio

You will also see digital shooters use the phrase “TFCD” or “TFP/CD.” These mean:
Time/Trade for CD

Time/Trade for Prints/CD

Whatever the particular phrase the letters stand for, the basic idea is simple: In a TFP shoot, no money changes hands. The model doesn’t get an hourly or session fee, and the photographer doesn’t get an hourly fee, a session fee, or any pay for providing the model with prints and/or digital images (the “CD” part – usually the model gets a CD-R with her image selection burned onto it.) All participants are doing the shoot in hopes of getting good quality images for their portfolios, which they can use for self-promotion to get more, and hopefully paying, work.

TFP is usually the domain of amateur photographers and/or beginning models, although many pros will do a TFP shoot with an amateur model (or an amateur photographer) who can’t pay their usual rates but whose look or previous work the professional finds intriguing. That doesn’t mean that outstanding work can’t be produced at a TFP shoot: many amateur photographers are “amateurs” only in that photography is not how they pay their bills, and have talent and equipment equal to most professional photographers. Images obtained through TFP sessions are in many a model’s portfolio and have earned many a callback from an agency or pro shooter.

From here... http://www.datahero.com/stmarc/tfp.html

DD

GWC also known as BWIC (Bloke with a cam) - and a clearly defined type of photographer who provides a valuable service to models who are happy to take his money to strip off and make a donation to his *ank bank.

By the way Poah - I hope your comment was light hearted. I do some TFP and take it seriously. I have found some excellent models and learned a lot and I have always made it clear I am not looking to shoot nude so I don't end up attractive the wrong kind of model (see above)

By the way Poah - I hope your comment was light hearted. I do some TFP and take it seriously. I have found some excellent models and learned a lot and I have always made it clear I am not looking to shoot nude so I don't end up attractive the wrong kind of model (see above)

yes and no.

Then go to the back of the class and change your name to Pooh

I have started to do some time for print stuff but im not some old pervert who wants a free W***k bank lol. I have litraly just finnished a well paid shoot off the back of some stuff i did for free. It went so well they said they would be working with me again :)

dd that was an informative post i had wondered what it ment as well

So Poah are you admitting to being a GWC then? :)

So Poah are you admitting to being a GWC then? :)

yes I'm a guy with a canon going to perv on the ladies :LOL:

2221315814_b89c4f72ae.jpg

Back