What does TOG stand for

Name
Deadlysteve
Edit My Images
Yes
:)

Thank you, and I thought the Wogan TOG was "tired old gentlemen", still I live and learn.

The tog is a measure of thermal resistance, or maybe you are asking about the journal 'The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist', or maybe you are asking aout the lesser know 'Tuscarora Organic Growers' (yes they exist), or maybe .. oh I give up google is endless ;)

The Oddest Group

It's the warmth rating on duvets, but can be used to describe that sleepy feeling you get when reading some boring threads :D

At a stretch, going back to the beginnings of photography, it could be Time On Glass, as the moment was captured....

A persecuted breed who own the exclusive rights to shoot anything of any interest and spout grumpiness on forums frequented by gentlemen leisure photographers.

I think.

Graham

Two Odd Gonads...:)

Terribly Obsessive Gearhead...:)

I like both those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxby View Post
Two Odd Gonads...
This is my fav

Na ............ that's balls!

Take Only Gear in my case. As everywhere we go my missus is carrying useful stuff such as baby wipes and food for kids, where as I'm weighed down with camera gear :D

Tog \Tog\, v. t. & i. To put toggery, or togs, on; to dress; -- usually with out, implying care, elaborateness, or the like. [Colloq. or Slang] --Harper's Weekly.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

???????? :thinking:

Touching Ones Genitals?

Just in case you missed it I think it's short for phoTOGrapher. :p

:| Photographer!? Really?

As it's a term mostly used to describe balding, middle-aged men, I thought that it stood for; Tired Of Girls :shrug:.

:D

Tools o`er Glasgee................:D

Tog is a measurement of thermal resistance used for textiles and was developed by the Shirley Insitiute in the 1960s.

A tog is 0.1 m2K/W. In other words, the thermal resistance in togs is equal to ten times the temperature difference (in °C) between the two surfaces of a material, when the flow of heat is equal to one watt per square metre.

Got that - quite clear to me :D

Back