What double sided tape to use for rubber grip

Edit My Images
No
Whats the best double sided tape to use for putting back a rubber grip.

I bought some unibond stuff but its not sticking so well.

Thanks in advance.

Try carpet tape - but it is difficult to remove :)

I had to replace a rubber grip on my nikon D300 some time ago. Apparently the sweat from the hand expanded the original rubber grip as they must have used the wrong material. I can only speak about the Nikon D300 and what I did was get a new grip off ebay. you wont get it back to fit properly

First of all find out how it was fixed, on the D300 there is a small screw right at the far end of the battery tray which had to be removed. Doing this from memory now, Then the old grip came away from the body quite easily. I did try and clean of the old resin but in the end decided to leave as and put the new grip on over it. You don't say what camera you are having a problem grip with but in the end this was the best way to go.

This is the bit I replaced and stuck as good as new cost about £11 and easier than you think. Oh the screw I removed in the battery rear was magnetic so no fiddling in replacing it

Look up ebay for " nikon d*** rubber grip" the adhesive is already on the replacement part, or mine was

Last edited:
Not being told which rubber grip as the OP has not stated, or on what, one has to guess what he is on about. On his profile page it looks as if trying to sell a nikon D600 so I assume that is what he was asking about

Last edited:
its the back part on the d600.

it had a bubble in one area when i got it back from nikon.

don't want to send it back as it will be such an easy fix.

You would be better offer using a small amount of Uhu adhesive. Rub a small amount on the rubber and a small amount on the camera body. After a minute or so to let the glue start going off, press the pieces together and keep them tight with masking tape for a few hours. After that it won't move :0)

^ I'd agree with that :)

Back