What dreams may come

:shrug: I must be a heathen I dont understand the shot.

nice Bokeh though. :cool:

Al... Please, please post a reasonable size version of your images - i've fixed this one, but we're here for you to share your photo's not to drive people to your Flickr account to see a full sized shot.

back on topic - it's a nice enough shot, lovely warm tones and nice OOF background from the lens (105mm @ f2.8) but the DOF is just a little shallow for my liking.

I agree with the "I dont understand this shot" Comment- neither do I sorry :shrug:

Les ;)

Hi all

When I get the chance, I try to capture the feeling of impressionist works by painters such as JMW Turner or Monet, where the exact rending of detail gives way to the mood of the environment and the play of light on the scene.
This particular shot was taken during late autumn as everything was busy dying.

"What dreams may come" is both the name of a film based on a book of the same name by Richard Matheson, which derives it's environment from paintings after the style of the impressionists, by one of the book's central characters; and it is also (originally) from Hamlet's soliloquy: "To die, to sleep - To sleep - perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub, For in that sleep of death what dreams may come."

So to sum up... Dreams, death and painting.

Now, as far as sizes go, if anyone wants to see large sized shots from me, they are welcome to visit my 365 - (shot on the day) these are posted, large size, on the day as near as I can manage at this thread:

http://talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=364057

My 365 is all at a size greater than the forum will allow - so no issues there.

I'd love it if people would click through to visit my past output on Flickr, but they just don't unless prompted to by ridiculously small images. Even then, it is an entirely voluntary affair.

Please feel free to visit my 365 - on this forum - please feel free to comment on them too.

I'll even explain the titles :)

...snip...I'd love it if people would click through to visit my past output on Flickr, but they just don't unless prompted to by ridiculously small images. Even then, it is an entirely voluntary affair.

But that's the point Al - we are NOT HERE to drive your Flickr Hit rate up. Either start posting proper sensible sized shots, or be prepared for your threads to start getting sent to the naughty corner. Either you wish to share your photography with your fellow members within TP or you don't... but don't post thumbnails that a number of members WILL NOT CLICK as it's not always clear that what lies behind is a flickr link. We've had instances of people hiding all kinds of malware behind those links for example - then the MOD team end up having to pick up the pieces.

But that's the point Al - we are NOT HERE to drive your Flickr Hit rate up. Either start posting proper sensible sized shots, or be prepared for your threads to start getting sent to the naughty corner. Either you wish to share your photography with your fellow members within TP or you don't... but don't post thumbnails that a number of members WILL NOT CLICK as it's not always clear that what lies behind is a flickr link. We've had instances of people hiding all kinds of malware behind those links for example - then the MOD team end up having to pick up the pieces.

So why not visit my 365 - on this forum - where it is all at large sizes?

because you are alleged to be wishing to share your pictures within THIS section ??

Back