What equipment have you struggled to get through airport security....

Sat on and strip searched at 2-30 am in front of a load of security and found a 055 tripod with 410 geared head in the bag! No shot guns inside! Oh and a drug sniffer dog going everywhere! Next time I'm keeping quiet [emoji850]

Not a plane but I was walking through security to get into Stonehenge for summer solstice and I had my 800mm long Manfrotto tripod bag over my shoulder and one said to another! Wonder what's in the bag....... could be a gun..... I shouted.... yeah it could be..... guess what happened next?

I believe the correct reply from you would have been "A fiver says it's a tripod - any takers?". :D

I had a spare battery in my hold luggage as well as my GoPro and old point and shoot just trying to get into Phuket Airport and they asked me to unpack my case before I could step inside the airport.

Didn't look best pleased when the battery cover flew off when I pulled it out my bag and went bouncing towards the airport doors.

Australian border control took a beef sandwich off me. They were fine as I had written that I had food on the immigration form. I get the impression that I would have faced a fairly large fine if i had failed to acknowledge this.

what made you think it was acceptable to bring this into the country!
surely some common sense must kick in!

Not sure if the second quote referring to the first is serious or sarcastic or facetious? Many years ago returning to Canada from Finland we had a can or reindeer meat in our luggage as a souvenir. Wasn't going to eat as we just didn't think it was that great but it was a souvenir. Canadian customs confiscated it as the tin, if thrown in the garbage could introduce hoof and mouth disease into "the population." Keep in mind that the tin was produced in a factory so the meat was cooked and then commercially sealed and, presumably, disease free. My mind was boggled!

We flew out last week on holiday, at security the guy said nice camera, but I'm a Nikon guy have a nice trip [emoji2]

I got '5D4?' from the guy on the scanner when we flew out last month. It was in my carry on!

Not photographic, but my satnav beanbag mount is filled with something seriously dense and has had a lot of attention in a couple of airports before they've allowed it through.

Many years ago at Stansted airport a young security lad asked me to open my hand language bag. He wanted to know why i had do many cables in my bag. I informed him that there is a digital camera, ( DSLR ).
He asked the question again, i informed him the cables are for the DSLR to connect to hotel TV. Again he asked the same question, I said how many times do you eant me to rephrase the same answer. An older security guy heard my raised stern rely and wondered over. Looked at the case contents and said can you please take your belongings as you are holding up the que !

Another occasion at Stansted after going through the scanners i collected my case put my belt, watch etc back on. While walking away i herad this 'excuse me sir' a number of times. I turn round to see another scanner machine against the backbwall with this woman security guard standing by it. She informed me I had been randomly selected to have my shoes scan. I politely said no thankyou and continued walking as 3 MP5 armed policeman walk towards me. I continued walking as the woman continued shouting at me to get scanned.
I made my way to duty free with no more issues.

At Prague international airport and Amsterdam port terminal. my metal plate in my arm set of the metal scanner. It took me ages to get through while they get hand held scanners to run over my arm. Even when i show ghem my scars !

Back