What film would you reccomend.

Name
Francesca
Edit My Images
Yes
Just finished using a batch of mainly Colour kodak film, but found I dont really like the results!

I want to buy alot of film but am debating what to get, I am tempted by
fuigi films. But if theres any thing better?

I mainly shoot people and some landscapes and closeups.

Any Suggestions?

Making the assumption that you have been shooting print film it is more likely that is was the printing that was at fault rather than the film.

What exactly was it about the results that you didn't like?

Having said that, I have never been a huge fan of Kodak films. Try the Fuji by all means, the 160 ISO professional films have served me very well over the years but unless you find a lab with a technician who knows what they are doing you are likely to be disappointed again.

For black and white I have always favoured Ilford. Not that it is really any better or worse than the alternatives but it's what I am used to.

B&W - Ilford
Slide - Fuji
Print - Kodak

Thats what I use. Get some Kodak Portra 160NC and love the colours! Fuji's slide films are really nice as well, I haven't tried any Kodak slide but the results look good as well. B&W is Ilford with no questions asked!!

kodak is artifical bright

i prefer fuji

try seven day shop

Try some Provia 100. It's a tad slow, but it produces lovely subtle colour,and it's good for long exposures of over 2 minutes without worrying about reciprocity failure.

If you do a Google image search by entering the name of any particular film, you should turn up loads of shots taken with that film - might give you some ideas?

Have to say a lot of the quality with prints is the quality of the processing - if its anywhere on the high street thats done the processing and printing then the prints will probably look a bit grainy, subdued colours and an almost 70's feel to the quality.

Choice of film will influence the end results of course - Fuji Astia and Provia are a little richer in colour than some others, Velvia is almost artificial with its extra vivid colours. Kodak Portra will prodcue very natural flesh tones. Horses for courses i'm afraid.

Back