What flash for Fuji X-t2

Name
Leroy
Edit My Images
Yes
Having lost that little flash that comes with the XT2, I’m after flash unit, I’ve got a canon one and Yongnuo but not sure if they’ll work. I don’t want to risk putting them on to try as I read somewhere about not using units above a certain voltage, which I can’t remember. It doesn’t have to be too fancy as I only shot for pleasure, TTL and high speed sync would be good. Any suggestions?

Sell what you have and buy a Godox TT685, or keep the Canon ones, buy X1R-C for each of them and a X1T-F transmitter.

The beauty of the godox system is that it communicates in ‘godox’ from any camera brand to any flash whatever the original protocols.

Which Yongnuo is it? I have an old YN-560, the original one pre-LCD screen, and I've used it for Nikon, Fuji and it also works with my Pany G80.

I also have a Godox, but it's the teensy TT350, not very powerful, but as Phil suggests the TT685 would be a great option. The TT350 is only really useful for fill light rather than a main, I end up still using the old Yongnuo over it.

Get the TT685 with the X1T trigger, £134 is a steal - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Godox-Spee...8&qid=1532269492&sr=1-17&keywords=Godox+TT685

I will be upgrading the 350 to that myself soon

About 10 minutes ago a godox 685 arrived via amazon :) I was debating between this and the 350, but decided on the 685, Size is about the same as the nikon sb-800, and as I only intend it to be off camera, size didn`t matter. Build seems about the same as the nikons. Doesn`t have a plastic diffuser though if that makes any difference to you. For the price, i`m well happy with it.

Sell what you have and buy a Godox TT685, or keep the Canon ones, buy X1R-C for each of them and a X1T-F transmitter.

The beauty of the godox system is that it communicates in ‘godox’ from any camera brand to any flash whatever the original protocols.
There seem to be specific guns for Canon/Nikon etc. I can't see any for Fuji. Will any guns work off camera with the X1T-F transmitter, and if so does that preclude any on camera use?

There seem to be specific guns for Canon/Nikon etc. I can't see any for Fuji. Will any guns work off camera with the X1T-F transmitter, and if so does that preclude any on camera use?
IIRC the tax and exp all communicate Godox.
But in order for communication to be complete the hot shoes have to match what you’re fitting them to.

And I thought they had Fuji flashes now
Edit... just checked and they do

Last edited:
The one I linked above is specifically for Fuji. How to tell is the letter on the end, for example I have the 'TT350o' for Fuji the same flash will be 'TT350f'

Thanks guys. I hadn't spotted a dedicated Fuji one and wanted to use TTLwhen on the hotshoe.

Back