Beginner What happened? Film loading error?

Edit My Images
Yes
3ce87ac0a976757163a6d3ab9653c847.jpg

My olympus trip 35 stopped winding on. I opened it up to find my film folded over. I hope its not the camera but just my fault in loading it [emoji53]

Buy a cheap film and try again with the back open to see what is happening.

i would have said the trip was idiot proof .but it looks like user error to me .not loaded properly

i would have said the trip was idiot proof .but it looks like user error to me .not loaded properly
I think it came off the takeup spool after closing it at some point, then the pressure plate and gears advanced the film. Loaded this camera about 20 times, its never happened before.

I think it came off the takeup spool after closing it at some point, then the pressure plate and gears advanced the film. Loaded this camera about 20 times, its never happened before.

That's what it looks like to me. The film appears to be slightly (as opposed to tightly) coiled for the first couple of inches then all kinky. Has the leader got a little kink in it? If it hasn't. it probably never made it into the take up reel's slot. If it does, my guess is that the take up reel mechanism's shot. To avoid wasting a complete roll, reload the camera, take a single shot then open the back (make sure the shot you take is purely a test one!) and see if the film appears to be winding properly around the take up spool.

Back