What have you done with your camera today

On Sunday went for a walk in the Forest of Dean with my new LX100ii; liked it - the walk and the camera.

It's just entered hibernation for the foreseeable future..

(Not directly the camera, but...)

Added a NAS to the home network, so finally there's a place for proper archiving of photos (and everything else). The NAS has a couple of apps which can serve out photos via the Internet, too. So I won't have to host them anywhere else. Just got to make sure I get the permissions and password protection right, so that I don't let the whole world see my scanned collection of H&E Magazine... ;)

Took it on today's daily walk. Nothing much to photograph but did find one to tinker with in PS

Just used it, the first time in 10 days , to capture a table top scene on LF film.
Neg looks good and is presently washing ( to rid itself of any covid 19 ....sorry couldn’t resist [emoji23]).
Having spent the past week in confinement ( France!) and struggling to get motivation due to being both consciously and subconsciously pre occupied with present events, I’m glad that I forced myself into attempting some sort of photography.... I think and hope it will now become easier to occupy myself and become somewhat creative with household objects.[emoji6]
The first step is always the hardest as the saying goes......

(Not directly the camera, but...)

Added a NAS to the home network, so finally there's a place for proper archiving of photos (and everything else). The NAS has a couple of apps which can serve out photos via the Internet, too. So I won't have to host them anywhere else. Just got to make sure I get the permissions and password protection right, so that I don't let the whole world see my scanned collection of H&E Magazine... ;)

Hi can I ask what you went for?
I’m thinking of getting one for my photos

Hi can I ask what you went for?
I’m thinking of getting one for my photos

I went for Synology for the software (after reading a lot of reviews and watching YT videos) and narrowed it down to a 2-bay type (for RAID 1 mirroring). The DS218 series looked fine, but only slightly more affordable than a slightly used DS718+ that I found. I added 2x1TB drives - SSD to keep noise down, but HDD would have been much cheaper.

Happy so far, and sorting it out slowly as I learn. Backing up is already done, and I've set up a one-button press copy that works from the USB input. Basically, I plug in the camera's SD card (via a tiny USB reader) and it copies all jpg and raw files to a new folder within a 'Unsorted Photos' folder on the NAS. Automatic, quick and no computer required.

I haven't installed the app for sharing photos yet.

Ms Goldtop wants her own 'Dropbox'-style area, too, for sharing her academic files. That should (famous last words) be easy, too.

Took the compact camera into the front garden, took photos of the cat and of the washing drying on the line. Took some photos of the plants also. Just shot in Jpeg and simply took fun photos. With all that happy snapping, I managed to get a few nice photos.

Back