What have you forgotten to take to a match

Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
DOH - half time whistle just about to go, and my laptop says you have 12 mins left (this is using a 3rd party battery).

No problem get my last pics off, move to the other end and pop in the longer life battery.

Yes yes yes you know what is coming - it's sitting on the couch back home. Wel you may not have figured ti was on the couch but you knew I had forgotten it!!

Luckily it wasn't mega important to get more pics sent as Torquay were 2 up & I had sent the first goal/cele and the cele from the second.

No goals in the second half.

Now, at Grimsby they shut up shop not long after the final whistle.

Fortunately I keep a laptop charger in the car that plugs in to the car charger. So straight after the players clapped the fans, I packed up & went back to the car, that was parked 30 yards from the ground, edited and sent.

Poor mistake to make.

So what have you left behind?

Last weekend's football i opens my Peli case and start to set up my gear and low and behold i forgot my mono pod for my 400mm 2.8.Mangaged the game by resting my elbows on my knees and hand holding..A bit sore at the end of the game.but got by

My tall stool. At Chelsea for a Champions League game and the sign boards are high anyway. Ended up kneeling on the concrete kerb for the whole game - could barely move my legs by the end.

Ouch

My extra memory cards as @bigrob well knows :LOL:

Haha

Good few years back, Landed a game on trial for respected agency, Left in plenty of time, Got to ground and dongle was in jeans I took off before I left home, No spare, Definatley no wifi at ground. Only needed to do 1st half really but was a must I wired at HT so done 1st 20 mins of game, Left ground and headed to car in hope of finding a maccies or even someones house with unlocked wifi to send from. Anyway, Car was blocked in car park, 10 min walk from ground, Worse trial ever. Anyway some explaining and grovelling and still do stuff for them now. Needless to say, spare everything now in my bag and no hiccups since <touches wood>

Was my seconf body for use with the 70-200mm and also didnt pack a spare anyway, that was the game i was forced into using a D800 as a second body with the 70-200mm

Also forgot a monopod once and my laptop on another occasion but was only at Huddersfield so left 10 minutes from time and drove 8 mile home and edited at home, was only sending in for agecy so a 6.30pm deadline so plenty of time.

Forgot my SD cards once in my days as a rookie club photographer... needless to say that's a mistake that has never been repeated!

Case with memory cards in. Luckily enough though I leave two spare cards in the bag in a pocket just incase such things happen so no big deal really.

Back