What I learned today.....

Name
Lindsay Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't take your three year old when you want to take some photographs. They demand your full attention at all times. I ended up going to full auto with these shots in the short time I had and playing with them in PS. Might be a bit over cooked for some taste. C&C welcome.

wgp1.jpg

wgp.jpg

I like them both! The first one is rather unusual, but I think it works well. The pattern and shades in the sky work well with the colour you have chosen, and the old and worn out tree seems as though it's trying to make its last come back. The whole shot feels quite apocalyptic!

The second shot I also really like. Usually I'd say it's best to compose to thirds rule, but this work quite well. The tree is awsome as well! Helped nicely by the smaller tree of similar style down and to the left. Lovely shots mate :)

I like second, I am attracted to the starkness and the uneasy viewing level to the distance showing more.

second one takes for me (y)

Like them both. No1 very creative processing , like the colours and composition. No 2 B&W gives very stark, cold feel to whole scene (y)

As you alreday have said #1 may be a bit overcooked. Certainly dramatic however. The composition in #2 is more interesting as there are repeats of similar trees to be seen, this makes the picture all the more interesting.
Welcome on board!

Back