What is best replacement for G12

Edit My Images
Yes
My Canon G12 has a scratched lens. Looks like insurance will cough up for a new one. So in the same price range, what do I go for ?

G15, G1x, Fuji X20 .... Or ...

I used the G12 as my keep in my car type of camera and also when I was out for a walk without having to take all my gear. Mostly shoot landscapes, some buildings, objects/buildings and the odd person/candid.

So IQ, low light (Scotland is often dark and cloudy) and little movement as my priorities in choosing a camera.

Any help appreciated..

My brother has my old Fuji X10 as his "goes everywhere with me" camera and now finds he leaves his D300 + fast glass at home a lot of the time.

I would say try the X20, the autofocus on it is fast, the low light performance better due to the xtrans sensor, the zoom range more than adequate and the out of camera jpgs gorgeous, not only that but it also has the exposure, focus point & other information in the optical viewfinder and so makes it fully usable rather than just a composition aid.

Hey Laird, I have a d700 and now a very pocketable fuji xf-1. I find taking it everywhere effortless and I don't miss the interchangeability or larger sensor of the m4/3 kit I sold.
Feel your pain with the gloomy weather, I live just outside Inverness!!!

Back