What is "Getty Images"

Its a company which sells its photos to the media I think. People can work for them and get any cut in sales from their own photos. Think thats right

I think the OP may be pulling our leg. :)

Have they been in touch with you? Wow, congratulations! :clap:

Show us the picture(s) then! :)

Getty Images

The deal with Flickr has been widely criticised for giving photographers vastly under the market rate for images and thus devaluing the market but I'd imagine it's aimed at people who wouldn't be selling otherwise and wouldn't consider the market impact as they don't feel they're part of said market.

Last edited:
The market is massively devalued anyway through millions who are just prepared to give away their photos for nothing just to see their photo used somewhere. I can see how Getty's deal with Flickr isn't attractive to professionals though, but then if it encourages a few people to at least value their images beyond zero value then in a way it can help.

But yeah, can't believe anyone hasn't heard of Getty ;)

The market is massively devalued anyway through millions who are just prepared to give away their photos for nothing just to see their photo used somewhere. I can see how Getty's deal with Flickr isn't attractive to professionals though, but then if it encourages a few people to at least value their images beyond zero value then in a way it can help.

But yeah, can't believe anyone hasn't heard of Getty ;)

Didn't have time - been too busy taking photos.:D

Back