What is new in Adobe Photoshop CC?

shumicse

Suspended / Banned
Name
selenajain
Edit My Images
No
Hello,
I have just come to know about the adobe photoshop cc. I was using photoshop cs6, what is new in this photoshop cc? Can anyone share their own experience here?

hard to put into words but that is where all the new stuff is going. some are just minor changes to things we all use, others are major changes to things we may never get round to using. Of course it always has the latest raw converters for new cameras, as does lightroom. But I took the plunge and have both on CC now. As PS6 is no longer updated it will get less and less compatible with lightroom and new cameras

It makes people pay for it!

Terrywoodenpic - Is Photoshop CC subscription only and does it still contain all the functions of all the other Photoshop CS? programs ?

Sorry to ask such a dumb question but I've had my eye of the photography ball following a house move earlier this year. I've just been treated to a Canon 1Dx and as expected by old version of photoshop (CS4) won't recognise the raw files. Does CC also have a Bridge type program ?

Many thanks for your help.

Ed

Terrywoodenpic - Is Photoshop CC subscription only and does it still contain all the functions of all the other Photoshop CS? programs ?

Sorry to ask such a dumb question but I've had my eye of the photography ball following a house move earlier this year. I've just been treated to a Canon 1Dx and as expected by old version of photoshop (CS4) won't recognise the raw files. Does CC also have a Bridge type program ?

Many thanks for your help.

Ed
Yes & for the 1Dx a must IMHO worth the £8.75 per month with LR5

Hope no one minds me jumping in but it may help a lot of others,I have some paid for plug ins with cs5 if I get cc will they transfer over ?

Thanks Peter for your help. I carried on digging for quite some time last night and came to the conclusion that all will be well and I should make the investment.

So I'll be signing up in the next couple of days, can't wait.

Stumac - I have read mixed reports on this, personally I haven't used plugin's before now, I think they can be transferred maybe not quite as simple as you may expect it to be though.

I've used photoshop for about 10 years, and for the past 6 months or so, been fortunate enough to have access to the full CC suite at work. Every programme available. It's great, especially the fact that you always have the latest version

Is there an upgrade path from Photoshop CS6 to CC, or is it the same as a complete fresh install of a different App and keeping CS6 able to run independently?

Also, do you have to pay separate 'rental' for each of the Apps in the CS Suite?

For RedRobin.

Firstly, as long as you choose the same folder, CC will use the same directory structure as your previous version, although you might find orphan folders of CS6 after the CC install.

You need, as others need to do, make your way to Adobe's website for ALL the information on CC http://www.adobe.com/uk/

Essentially you either pay a sub for everything, or just Photoshop/Lightroom which comes bundles together, as Adobe were inundated with complaints from Photographers who did not want to pay out the full sub every month just for Photoshop.

There is also a forum on Adobe which is always my first stop for help from other Adobe users.

:agree:
Robin,
I rent CC Photography for £8.57 a month, for that I get Photoshop CC, Bridge, Lightroom and the option of other APPS in the CC suite.
It is all constantly updated so that you have the latest version at all times.
Access to loads of tutorials and vids.
For less than £9 a month its a no brainer, with Photoshop at say £700 and Lightroom at £150 that's 100 months rent, 8 years is a long time for Photoshop.
Is CS6 still updated ?

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/photography?store_code=gb

Rhodese.

Thanks, Scott :)

But ~£100 a year ad infinitum! Adobe gotta be joking. And only 20 GB Cloud storage? I'm not impressed!

I'm sticking with CS6 and Aperture at least until we see what Apple's new 'Photos' App is like. I also use onOne Perfect Photo Suite 9 which rivals Photoshop.

:agree:
Robin,
I rent CC Photography for £8.57 a month, for that I get Photoshop CC, Bridge, Lightroom and the option of other APPS in the CC suite.
It is all constantly updated so that you have the latest version at all times.
Access to loads of tutorials and vids.
For less than £9 a month its a no brainer, with Photoshop at say £700 and Lightroom at £150 that's 100 months rent, 8 years is a long time for Photoshop.
Is CS6 still updated ?

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/photography?store_code=gb

Rhodese.

....I used to be an external pre-release tester for Adobe since the very first Adobe CS and so have never paid for their software (registered and gifted in thanks for my services), so it's actually not a no-brainer at all for me and particularly as I no longer have any earned income (retired) and am an amateur.

Last edited:
Ah yes the crux of the matter, the money question.

I'm afraid for me it was an easy choice, as I use 7 items of software from Adobe CC on a regular basis, and it's business expense but I do not see why people have problems with using Photoshop Elements which is pitched as those non-pro's, or those that have money to burn.

Ah yes the crux of the matter, the money question.

I'm afraid for me it was an easy choice, as I use 7 items of software from Adobe CC on a regular basis, and it's business expense but I do not see why people have problems with using Photoshop Elements which is pitched as those non-pro's, or those that have money to burn.

....If I still ran my limited company I wouldn't hesitate to pay for Adobe CC and claim every penny I could too.

I expect that desktop based CS6 will come to an end (like Aperture will) and so Photoshop Elements might be a good substitute - I have never used it. However, Perfect Photo Suite 9 is powerful and easier to use than Photoshop anyway. I mostly only use Photoshop CS6 for a third-party noise reduction filter and for final sharpening. I use InDesign CS6 a lot though but as long as it runs on the Mac OS, I don't need to upgrade it.

Thanks, I'll have a look at Photoshop Elements.

Returning to the question about what is new in Photoshop CC.
You can now access raw via the filters menu which means you can tweek your jpegs quit easily now.

I'm currently using Photoshop CS5 which works just fine for me, but I think I'm going to have to go the CC monthly subscription route, because I like some of the new features too much!! Like the blur filters with bokeh control - mmm!

I'm currently using Photoshop CS5 which works just fine for me, but I think I'm going to have to go the CC monthly subscription route, because I like some of the new features too much!! Like the blur filters with bokeh control - mmm!

How much did you pay for CS5?

Back