What is wrong with me - cant stop buying!

My wife has no idea how much i spend on kit, i've gone from a 1000D to a 5D in a few years, and at one point had three DSLR's in the house ! Also have quite a few lenses, and studio lighting etc..! She doesn't ask how much it costs, my saving grace is the lovely photo's I take of our boys every few months with the studio gear, used to cost us £250 every 6 months with digipix or whatever they're called. So i guess you could say the equipment is slowly paying for itself :)

I guess I am lucky then.

My wife and I put what we need to towards the house and savings, and anything we earn above that we spend how we wish. I don't get any grief or expectation if I buy something, nor does she.

No point in hiding this stuff tbh, it only goes to erode truse when your wife eventually does find out.

I don't have this problem as I don't have a penny to my name, it doesn't stop me looking though!
The only positive I found with my redundancy is that it made me take stock of what I was doing and have a serious look at how easily I spent my money. I've just got to make sure I'm just as sensible with cash when I finally manage to get a job again.

I just hope in the event of my untimley death, the wife doesnt sell my camera gear for what I told her it cost :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Les :D

Get a girlfriend into photography....

You get the 5DIII if you want it...

You get the F2.8 MK II if you want it....

I can have your "old" 5d2 and 70-200 F4 is then.....

Great thread when you read it start to finish! LMAO!!

Get a girlfriend into photography....

You get the 5DIII if you want it...

You get the F2.8 MK II if you want it....

I can have your "old" 5d2 and 70-200 F4 is then.....

You mean for all these years I've been doing it wrong?! :eek:
I've been looking for a boyfriend, not a girlfriend!! :D

Back