What kit for this weekend?

Edit My Images
No
Aside from a rain cover (which I neglected to order, thinking 'it's going to be hot') what should I pack in my bag?

D700
D90
70-200mm VRI
TC-17E II

Along with a 50mm. And monopod.

I have a roaming ticket for Friday, but Sat/Sun I'll be confined to non-seated areas. I need to travel as light as possible (using a shoulder bag). Its really a question of D90 or D700? Now that I have the TC, maybe the D700 will be OK?

I'd say so!

I'm going tomorrow with my 50d, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 EX II coupled with a Kenko MC-7 x2. I'll also be bringing the Canon 10-22, a made up wet weather cover and a good coat!

And possibly a tripod. I dont normally use them for motorsport but the Siggy is a heavy beast and coupled with the x2 potentially a handful at 400mm... Should have bought a monopod but I fear I've now left that a little late!

Last edited:
Where else. But no prizes.

I'm thinking I'll need the monopod because I'll be at 300-400mm.

Edit: have just tried out the TC on both bodies, and I think I'll be taking the D90 for the extra reach.

Last edited:
I was thinking umbrella, bus pass and a six pack of Stella...

Hmmm did I miss the camera out there... wonder why?!

desantnik said:
I was thinking umbrella, bus pass and a six pack of Stella...

Hmmm did I miss the camera out there... wonder why?!

Why would you go to F1 and not take a camera? Especially if like me, you are both an F1 nut and photography geek, I'm in heaven! And you don't have to use it all weekend!

Last edited:
Depending where you are you might struggle to find enough space for a tripod, so a monopod might be the better choice. Also pack some food and drink, to save you time and money buying it onsite.

I'm hoping the heavy rain (mainly in the South) has passed today, and Friday will be light showers only. Spoke with someone in the Midlands - virtually no rain today. So I'm taking a compact brolly only (and walking boots).

Why would you go to F1 and not take a camera? Especially if like me, you are both an F1 nut and photography geek, I'm in heaven! And you don't have to use it all weekend!

Well, going to F1 would be a weekend off for me, so yes, leave the camera behind :bonk:

See that's why I never want to mix business with pleasure!

I don't :D

It was especially 2nd practice! Ill post some pics later in motorsport.

Back