What kit? (Just a bit of fun)

Name
Aled
Edit My Images
Yes
An interesting question came up in the photo club the other night and I though it may be a bit of fun to continue the discussion here. So...

If you had an unlimited cash flow (lottery win maybe) and you had to buy one camera and a selection of lenses, what would it be?

Aled

If I had a big lottery win I'd shoot for pleasure and not as a job so more great film cameras to supplement the digital gear I have.

why limit yourself with one camera ?

There is NO one camera that is the best at everything- its all compromised....

Having used a lot of Canon cameras in the past, only a 1DIV and a 1Dx of their recent line up that I haven't used, I have to say the 5D3 is the best camera I've used by far. Lens wise would be a 24-70 f2.8L MkII, a 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII (which I've already got) and a 400 f2.8L MkII with a couple of extenders.

Just an alternative view to no expenses spared fun... After years of being a workaholic I retired three years ago (at the age of 49! Yipeee!) and I have no money worries but... I really like having fun with cheap stuff and despite having a (bought second hand) 5D and a bag full of nice lenses (all bought new) I get much more pleasure and have much more fun using a Panasonic G1 which I bought for £125 and used manual Rokkor lenses.

I've just spent under £30 on a 70-210 zoom, a x2 TC and a set of extension tubes and I can't imagine that I'd have had more fun spending more :D

Just an alternative view to no expenses spared fun... After years of being a workaholic I retired three years ago (at the age of 49! Yipeee!) and I have no money worries but... I really like having fun with cheap stuff and despite having a (bought second hand) 5D and a bag full of nice lenses (all bought new) I get much more pleasure and have much more fun using a Panasonic G1 which I bought for £125 and used manual Rokkor lenses.

I've just spent under £30 on a 70-210 zoom, a x2 TC and a set of extension tubes and I can't imagine that I'd have had more fun spending more :D

I agree, less can be more sometimes. I took out my Olympus OM10 today for the first time in about three years, it was good to be back shooting film!

Back