What lens/body/flash/strobist gear shall I take with me into....?

Edit My Images
No
the labour ward!!! :LOL:

Mrs started having contractions about an hour ago and all I can think of is how am I going to photograph the new arrival! :D Especially as I have 4 bodies lying around right now! :bonk:

Take the lot, but don't forget the chocolate cigar.

Best wishes to all of you (y)

5D, Nifty Fifty and maybe a 430EX... Sorted?
If not the Nifty Fifty, the 24-70L...

its gonna be the 5D mkII and the nifty. still at home though, baby is taking its right old time

go to the pub instead.

Another vote for the pub.

update????

OP has had to sell 3 bodies and most lenses to cover the costs of the new arrival. 70-200L still lodged where the sun don't shine after he asked the mother to smile while he was taking close ups of the baby emerging.

I think a P & S is a great idea in such a situation, hope all is going well with the new arrival.

lol at all the posts.. in the hospital 6cm to go still :( but hey still enough time to get a 2 light setup with midwife holding up a silver reflector i suppose

lol at all the posts.. in the hospital 6cm to go still :( but hey still enough time to get a 2 light setup with midwife holding up a silver reflector i suppose

That kind of support is just what your wife needs :LOL:

Hope it's all over and we get to see the baby pictures very soon :)

still here, got my sister here for support, as in making dyre the gust from the window doesnt knock over the konigs and fitp shoot through's

One camera, one lens, no flash - do you really want to be strobing into a new-born's eyes?

One camera, one lens, no flash - do you really want to be strobing into a new-born's eyes?

apparently its an old wives tale (read that in another thread on here). but i would err on the side of caution too!

Baby is being camera shy... still not here!

50/1.4 and 5dII, maybe a 430ex for af assist and pos longer prime but not one in your sig :D

No! f/1.4 won't be a wide enough aperture, he'll be needing one of thos specially adapted lenses like Kubrik used (? f/0.7 ?) for a candlelit scene.

So is the baby here yet or what?

Good luck mate - my little 'un arrived last week :D

yep, had a little boy at 13:18 this afternoon. both mum and baby are doing fine, although it wasnt an easy straightforward one :(

(y)

I took a GF1 and the 20mm and that was perfect.

It's baby season! I had one 5 weeks ago, hence the lack of posting.

yep, had a little boy at 13:18 this afternoon. both mum and baby are doing fine, although it wasnt an easy straightforward one :(

Glad to hear all went well in the end, love to all the family let's see some pictures when you get a minute:)

We have yet to decide a name, but here we go... first of many photos shared on TP I reckon.

resizedIMG_0096.jpg

resizedIMG_0103.jpg

Congrats on the little one, he's a cute little tyke :D

Still laughing at the wifes gone into labour, I better post on TP :D

Back