What Lens For Millenium Dome Gig

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys i was wondering weather i could pick your brains about something. A friend and i have been given the opportunity to get photography passes to the Phunk Physics Birthday at the Millenium Dome on the 23rd.

Basically i dont know what lens would do. Can anything in my sig work, and if not can you recommend anything not too expensive considering its just after christmas and im already skint. :crying:

might be worth asking the press office the distance away you will be from the stage and make an informed decision on that?
otherwise a quick visit should help (that is if they let you have a look around)

Something fast and considerably wide, but it's always better to check in person and ask to view the location beforhand.

one of my mates is breaking through in the UK dancing scene big time and phunk physics are promoting him so i was cheeky and asked :D...

Do you think the 70-200 would be fast enough? Ill have the 430ex with me, but i do need to find out how close to the stage we are.

I thought the general ettiquete of gig photography was first 3 songs and no flash...

one of my mates is breaking through in the UK dancing scene big time and phunk physics are promoting him so i was cheeky and asked :D...

Do you think the 70-200 would be fast enough? Ill have the 430ex with me, but i do need to find out how close to the stage we are.

If you had a 2.8 that would be great, but you haven't!

I reckon with carefull timing with the stage lighting and by upping the ISO you could get some good stuff.

If your lineup doesn't help hiring something faster could be an option - although you will probably need to know your distance first.

lensesforhire <-- good feedback on this service from StewartR

I thought the general ettiquete of gig photography was first 3 songs and no flash...

thanks for letting me know this.

Pete your right and its really my only choice i think but i will make the most of it its breaking and new skool dance so everything should be fairly well lit..

If your lineup doesn't help hiring something faster could be an option - although you will probably need to know your distance first.

lensesforhire <-- good feedback on this service from StewartR

I would guess one of his 200 f/1.8's would be a good bet. :LOL:

Back