What lenses do you use with your 10D?

Name
Lucy
Edit My Images
Yes
...and what are your subjects?

Karen has been really helpful (thank you!) and I'd like to know what others use lens wise and what you take photos of, as I'm considering the Canon EOS 10D and obviously need to buy a lens for it.

Any shots you have would be great to see!

Take a look at MonkeyDave 's threads and gallery he uses a 10D

Hi Lucy, an idea of your budget will enable people to give you much better suggestions in this area due to the diversity of lenses available ranging from cheap to wallet killingly expensive. (y)

A pretty much guaranteed bet is one of the 50mm primes, the 50mm f1.8 (which is stupidly cheap for what you get) is an excellent lens to get you started imo (y) This was my most used lens when I still had my 10D (excellent camera btw, very highly recommended)

I keep a short lens on mine. Couple of pics here with a sigma 17-35. Gone now.. I ahve a sigma 24-70 on the 10d all the time now.. 90% I use a long lens for sport and get the 10d out for shots like these.

donny.jpg

prelights.jpg

Budget is approx £150-200.

Bear in mind I am totally amateur and JUST starting out so don't get too technical on me now ;)

The 10d is still a very good and able camera, to many people fall into the mistake of having the latest and greatest simply becuase they can, very few actually use or need the extra's that a 40d will give them, let alone be able to extract it's photo limitations;)

As for lenses, I use anything from 10mm up to 500mm, I can list them all if you wish, but there's no need as the 10d will give great images providing you are able to see the picture you want in your mind.

I have a 10d, had it from about a week after they were released, I also have a 20d which is a tad quicker on start up and 2mp more (hardly if at all noticeable). The theory is the body is a dispensable item, you need to spend your money on the lenses, so buy a cheap 10d an save some money for your first L lens, you will want one, I guarantee that, HTH ;)

Back