What mobile phone?

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I'm thinking about replacing my battered 4 year old mobile phone and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.Not really up to speed on the newer phones out there.

I have an Ipod touch 64gb which I love.Use it for games,mp3,video,wifi web and podcasts.

I'm naturally thinking of an Iphone 4,but the cost!

I dont really use my phone that much.Maybe £10 top up every month.I'm looking for something that will take a semi decent picture/video and be good for apps/games/podcast type things.The phone part is actually the least important thing for me.
I think I'll aslo use it for browsing the net quite a bit while away from home.

Anyone any suggestions on any other phones and/or tariffs that might fit the bill.I wouldn't mind the £25 per month so much for the contract if the phone was free.Having to pay £2-300 for an iphone and then another £25+ per month for a contract is really putting me off the iphone.

Cheers
Gary

I got The HTC Desire and love it, lots of free apps on the net,
use wifi at college, (mature Student) Only thing I will say I put mine on charge everyday
maybe cause I use it so much.

Maybe sell the iPod touch to fund the purchase of an iPhone?

Surely the touch would become redundant with the purchase of a "4"

Thanks guys

Had a read up on the San Francisco and it's getting glowing reviews everywhere(apart from the poor camera).It's my first smart phone so I've decided to give it a go.
£109 inc £10 top up from Orange.I phoned them up and as an existing Orange payg customer you get a £30 discount.That brought the phone in at under £80.
Also got one month free on Orange Dolphin £20 tariff.
Will probably use that then unlock the phone and pick a better tariff.
I'll be looking for mainly internet usage and texts.Not too bothered about inclusive minutes.
Any ideas on a better tariff?

Cheers
Gary

Back