What monopod? Long lens

Edit My Images
No
Morning all.

Looking for recommendations on a monopod. It needs to be rated high enough to take a 300mm prime, with extender on a pro body camera.

I have a manfroto at the moment, with the pistol grip where it extends by pulling the trigger and pulling on the tube. Can't remember the model number. Anyway, although it's been pretty good it's failing now and no longer holds in position. It slowly migrates down. I don't want another one of these.

I quite like the idea of one where you unscrew to extend, as opposed to a catch. I don't mind what it's made of as I don't carry for long distances, so long as it's sturdy.

Big ask but I'd rather not pay more than £100-£150 at the moment.

What's out there that you would recommend?

Looks good, but I have no experience of Benro products.

Gitzo is probably as good as it gets though and for a monopod, I'm not sure there is much weight reduction by going carbon fibre.

My monopod is a Manfotto 679B which is aluminium and holds up to 33kg without collapsing.

Sirui 306 (aluminum) or 326 (CF).
Besides being very well made, they are very compact... great bargains IMO.
Gave the aluminium version a go. Wanted it for a trip this Thursday, so went one day delivery on Amazon. Well under my budget and well reviewed so giving it a go.

Thanks for the input people.

Gave the aluminium version a go. Wanted it for a trip this Thursday, so went one day delivery on Amazon. Well under my budget and well reviewed so giving it a go.

Thanks for the input people.
Same one I use... and I'm usually right at/near it's max load rating and have never had an issue so far.
I sold my Gitzo CF monopod due to value/lack of use.

Last edited:
Back