What mount is this?

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently aquired this but am unsure on the mount of it. I was aquired it as a Nikon lens but am not too sure. I cannot find any Nikon mount lenses with the large prong sticking out the rear.

3644006534_14190f502e.jpg

Thanks for any help in advance.

have you looked at thes http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html ?

wikipedia has a list of fitting dimensions somewhere so if you measure the bayonet depth and diameter you migh be able to work out a shortlist.

Whats the lens?

that prong is the aperture control mechanism...

have u tried it on the camera yet?

Hi, I had looked at that link yet it didn't seem to resemble any of the mounts there but I think that would be due to be to the clarity of pictures on there. The lens is a Vivitar 28mm f/2.8. Thanks for the advice regarding measurements, I wouldn't have thought to do that. The bayonet actually seems the same size as my Nikon lenses except for the small gap in one of the flanges (top right in original photo) and the bit making me most apprehensive is the big prong sticking out of the mount.

Okay, well I evidently should have just tried mounting it on the body in the first place as it is definately a Nikon fit as the lens slips onto the body mount easily, but the prong prevents it from actually clicking into place.

i can see it has a screw kinda thing to the side of it. does it turn or anything? and also wuld be good for you to point to the picture what u meant by the prong, as i one i was referring to is the red arrowed one. the black arrowed one i think is a screw?

3646123753_074cf45cc9.jpg

Back