what mount with what frame size?

wilmorh

Admin's Favourite Member
Edit My Images
Yes
I haet to ask stupid questions, but in fairness to myself, I am exceedingly good at it:(

I have a large white wooden wall that I would like to create some sort of photo display on, I would like to get some photos of mine (about thirty) printed and framed and on the wall. I have looked online and thought maybe photobox was ok to use, and a bulk buy of black frmaes form ebay, but then got hit with what sizes. I want the frames to be fairly uniform, so was thinking of about 1/2 a4 sort of size prints, but if I do that, what size frame and mount would be best?

:(I'm sorry for such a crappy question, just wondered if there was some sort of easy method of working this sort of thing out, I work shifts, so don't have a lot of time (or money) to buy different variables

Thankyou in advance to any one has any advice:)

Wendy

dont know if i'm being mad but why not try getting 30 pieces of A4 paper, folding them down to various sizes and blu tack them on the wall. That way you'll get an idea about what looks good, whats not overpowering and whats not too small to appear insignificant on the wall

or have i got totally the wrong end of the stick as usual

I haet to ask stupid questions, but in fairness to myself, I am exceedingly good at it:(

I have a large white wooden wall that I would like to create some sort of photo display on, I would like to get some photos of mine (about thirty) printed and framed and on the wall. I have looked online and thought maybe photobox was ok to use, and a bulk buy of black frmaes form ebay, but then got hit with what sizes. I want the frames to be fairly uniform, so was thinking of about 1/2 a4 sort of size prints, but if I do that, what size frame and mount would be best?

:(I'm sorry for such a crappy question, just wondered if there was some sort of easy method of working this sort of thing out, I work shifts, so don't have a lot of time (or money) to buy different variables

Thankyou in advance to any one has any advice:)

Wendy

Wendy, first up, I dont think this is a stupid question.
If you were to go for 1/2 A4 size prints, this would be A5 which is approx 8"x6" size prints. To have a decent sized border around your mount frame I would suggest 12"x10" mounts. This would give a uniform border around the photograph. I hope this helps. Iain

Thank you Iain, you are a real star, its amazing how the simple things can be the most confusing! Thank you so much:)

Thank you Iain, you are a real star, its amazing how the simple things can be the most confusing! Thank you so much:)

You are welcome Wendy, as someone once said "If you don't ask, you won't get" ;)

Back