What Polariod Camera

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,
I really want a Polaroid camera for my art foundation course at college as i really like the style of the prints.
Can anybody recommend me a camera and film to use.
Not to expensive please as i am a student.

Many thanks

Sam:wave:

You should find some information here: http://shop.the-impossible-project.com/shop/

The 600 type cameras can be picked up on ebay cheaply but many of the others are becoming expensive. Film isn't cheap but if you're not going to use too much this might be the best option.

Another option would be to pick up a medium format camera that can take polaroid backs. This would give you access to the Fuji FP100 range of films (and normal roll film as well). This option would likely be a fair bit more up front (the camera and back) but the instant film is currently cheaper.

Last edited:
If you want cheap, then use digital and print out in the Polaroid style.

Shooting Polaroids is fantastically expensive on film.

polaroid 600 film is like gold dust! especially color at the mo, check out the impossible project, they make 600 B&W film and have started making color but its v temperamental. And with postage can get to about £20-£30 for 10 shots

or some sort of fuji mini, they still make film. usually about £10 for 10 shots too... camera about £60
or polaroid have just brought out the new 300 polaroid but the camera is about £80.

Lots of options! check out polazoid aswell, thats a pretty fun little application that turns photos into fake polaroids.

Back