What Price For Saltburn Pier

FFO

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
So I had to go ooop to the North East of England today, I decided to take up the camera and try and get an image of Saltburn Pier I'm after, upon arriving it was obvious that was impossible as there where large waves and quite a few nutters surfing.

So here are a couple of images which I can't make my mind up which I prefer both taken just after sun down.

The first due to the fact that the pattern of the sea against the pier makes it look like a dollar sign.

And the second because of the extra colour in the sea

Both images had a .3 GND soft filter applied to finish by the waters edge just so that I could bring out the railway a bit more as the carriages were quite dark.

779568565_WGizw-O.jpg

ISO 100 | 47mm | f/16 | 79 Secs taken with 24-105

This next one is a blend of two images as the lights from the pier entrance are totally blown so I took another to tone them down a bit.

779572902_rErD6-O.jpg

ISO 100 | 47mm | f/16 | 123 Secs (Blended 45 Secs) taken with 24-105

And one just before sunset with an Orton Effect added, this had a .6 GND Soft filter and a CPL as well.

779583912_5Wd66-O.jpg

ISO 50 | 40mm | f/16 | 10 Secs taken with 24-105

Last edited:
Number 1 for me, the colours are much nicer

Really Nice Images, last time I was there it didn't look quite as good though!!

Lovely colours :)

All great but No.1 is spot on for me.

Must go back to Saltburn. Haven't been since they finished the work on the pier. Oh, and when I was last there, I was one of those "nutters surfing" but in a kayak!

Thanks for sharing some great shots.

Ken

the pattern of the sea against the pier makes it look like a dollar sign.

Took me ages to spot when you meant!

Number #1 would be my preferred piccy too. :)

WOW!! What amazing images!!!!!!!!!!

Really nice ;) looks like a guitar if you work your way down the photo.My only critism would be that the picture would have more symmetry if you had just took a step to the left a little just to center the pic perfectly .

i like #1 best.
last time i was there it was really windy, and there was a nutter on a hang glider going up and down the hill, just a few hundred metres north of the pier.
a lovely part of the world.

Really nice ;) looks like a guitar if you work your way down the photo.My only critism would be that the picture would have more symmetry if you had just took a step to the left a little just to center the pic perfectly .

That would involve breaking into the cliff lift control room. :naughty:

Number 1 for me. (y)

Thanks for everyones comments. :)

Must go back to Saltburn. Haven't been since they finished the work on the pier. Oh, and when I was last there, I was one of those "nutters surfing" but in a kayak!

I have an image with a ghostly surf board just visible leaving the end of the pier.. Mad. ;)

There is a small hut in the way and my camera was as close to it as possible... I'll climb on the roof next time. ;)

That would involve breaking into the cliff lift control room. :naughty:

Number 1 for me. (y)

I thought it might be the ticket office, thanks for the info. I'll try and go later in the year when it's working.

No 1 works well, it's darned difficult balancing all the light sources at this venue, but you have achieved this.

Back