What problems do you have with Photography?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I am conducting some research on some issues you may have with Amateur Photography and Travel Photography, whether that be lugging a tripod around with you all day, carrying endless amounts of batteries or safely carrying your expensive lenses!

If I could please take 5 minutes of your time and fill out some surveys I have linked below, One is based around photography in general and the other is more based around carrying equipment whilst travelling/ on holiday (if applicable).

Thank you all!

https://goo.gl/forms/XBtMYjDRiVTaGrct2 (Amateur Photography)

https://goo.gl/forms/mB3cc22LATQDMdd52 (Travel/Adventure Photography)

'As a student studying at the University of Huddersfield, by agreeing to answer my questions you are agreeing to me using them in my student major project. They will be confidential, anonymised and not published. The data will only be seen by tutors marking or moderating the work'

Admin has been contacted, and has approved this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
.. hmm.. at least it's not the annual better tripod post. But there's more to "film photography" than 35mm..

It's difficult to give sensible answers if you shot and processed your own film for decades, but were able to give it up for good when digital DSLRs got better than film SLRs.

Done :)

Your film questions are difficult to answer properly; I develop my own black and white but my C41 colour negative and E6 positive films are lab developed.

there's more to "film photography" than 35mm..

I was about to comment this too. I usually use 4x5 for landscapes and MF for other stuff, and very rarely use 35mm.

Maybe "." is enough information to fulfil the requirement - often is!

Done.

Resolution =/= image quality. Some of the questions seem to come from a parallel universe with a slightly different reality.

My issues with photography are nearly all to do with time, my abilities and the locations available to me. Different gear ain't going to make a blind bit of difference.

I did make a request for a time machine while completing the questionnaire . Handy for getting the right light and perhaps for doing before/after town shots. :)

I found some of the questions rather odd. I guess the problem with creating survey questions is that it is hard to "see" which questions seem limited / out of touch etc as the questions can only be formulated according to your experience, unless you get outside input and thus a wider view of the world.

I found some of the questions rather odd. I guess the problem with creating survey questions is that it is hard to "see" which questions seem limited / out of touch etc as the questions can only be formulated according to your experience, unless you get outside input and thus a wider view of the world.

I tend to agree.

If I had one piece of advice for the OP if the research is to continue further, it would be to talk to someone in a Social Sciences department at his University about effective design of survey questions.

The questions are always odd when survey season rolls around again. And the surveyor always p***es off straight afterwards and never comes back to indicate the outcome of their analysis.

Hey guys!

So it's been a week since I've posted up the survey and I have lots of responses from you all!

I know posting surveys has mixed reactions and appreciate every ones input,

You have given me lots of food for thought and I wanted to thank you all again for your participation.

Can always rely on the photography world to help out!

Samson

I know posting surveys has mixed reactions and appreciate every ones input,
Samson, could you feed back to your tutors that over the last few years the annual engineering student survey on TP has become a bit of a fixture - and over all that time the quality of the surveys has not improved and remains at a very low level. They really need to provide you with more guidance on survey structure if you're to get meaningful answers that can be readily analysed.

Back