What`s in a name?

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Quite a bit I can imagine.Remember your old teachers and the nickname they were given? Well how about introducing a few of them to the TP gang. For starter heres a few of mine.

Buller Potten....Art. My god he couldn`t half spin a yarn or two :LOL:

We had Burt Holloway....Science, we just used to take turns calling out BURT!!!!

Mr Cattle..... Tech drawing. Well with a name like that it was not hard Mooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Mr Fenning.... R E. He was known as Bummer Fenning :shrug: He used to get all excited about taking young boys on School holiday trips :naughty:

Good idea for a thread! It was a long time ago but here are a couple I remember:

'Flaky' Bill Anderson - he was our headmaster and had a bald head, after the summer holidays his scalp would be peeling having got sunburnt, hence the name Flaky

Mr Durham - history teacher and his nickname was The Pink Panther for obvious reasons :)

Bilge was out History professor (posh school!)
Hag taught Maths.
Lurch, Maths.

I really can't remember their real names!

This'll be a great thread...now I have to cast my mind back a fair way!

Ostrich...a form teacher for most of my time at school...simply as he had a head that was a long way up from his body

Fossil....RE teacher and must have been at least 80

Loony Joe...maths...the guy had a few loose screws

P**s pot...can't remember what Mr Commode taught

:LOL: I love this thread !!!

Evil Edna Harrison . . . taught physics.

Peanut . . . maths teacher. He was bald as a coot and the top of his head was shaped like a shell-on peanut with that little dip in the middle.

Pervy Pete . . . woodwork and the name probably speaks for itself.

EDIT: Oh and Rasputin . . . metalwork. Just because he looked like him :LOL:

Three fingers - used to teach CDT - the name came from the time he demonstrated how to use a bandsaw safely :eek:

"Pat" Garrett - PE

Lady Davy - English - To this day i'm not sure whether she really was titled or if this was just a nickname from being incredibly posh. She once asked me if i'd like to go and see the head master, and I said "not particularly" - I got suspended but I honestly didn't realise it was an order.

Nuclear winter - English again , he had a bit of a temper

Mafeking Edwards - used to run the CCF at the posh school up the road - allegedly he used to regularly need relieving by boy soldiers :LOL:

The only ones I remember, "Mr" Meadows, (Science)
AKA Creeping Jesus, he had a magnificent head of hair, and a very full beard.
And to complete the image was the white socks worn with sandals (all the year round)
He could enter a room and you never knew he was there ;)

"Tug" Wilson, Geography, not sure about the name, but he used to live on a canal boat,
and liked the company of young boys.
So I guess something go "pulled" every now and again ;)

George Basham - no nickname needed and yes he did, the pencil block was his weapon of choice.

Derek "Daddy" Wintle - Games master, a real nice guy who treated you like he would his own kids unless you crossed him, then it was the slipper for you, or if you got caught fighting he'd put you in the ring and make you knock seven bells out of each other until you where exhausted.

Bob "Bod" Morgan - A real hard case, ex forces, short man syndrome - weapons of choice, nutting, knuckling and throwing black board erasers.

"Granny" Morgan - Bods wife and twice as evil - weapons of choice, her tongue which could reduce girls to tears and the ruler, edge on for effect.

Tom "keys" Middleton - A really good and fair head/deputy head - Weapon of choice, the cane, got his nickname as he always walked around the corridors with his hands behind his back rattling his keys.

Tom was a decent guy, but he could be funny too.
One day my mate Tim who was next to me let forth something from the bowels of hell both in volume and deadliness.
I was sitting next to the window so exclaimed something rude to the effect of " aw **** that stinks Tim" and dived out the window.
Of course we both got sent to visit "Keys".
He went through what had happened and we both knew we where in for a caning, so he opens his cupboard where theres a pot full of different sized canes and selects a small one, tells Tim to hold out his hand and gives him a whack.
He then went to the cupboard with it to put it back, so I'm now thinking "phew, got away with it". But he then selects the longest cane in the cupboard, it must have been 4ft long!!.
So I turned to him and said " how come I get that ruddy great thing sir when Tim only got that little one".
Tom turned round and said in his thick welsh accent "well look at the size of you to him boyo".
I freely admit I was laughing so much I never felt a thing :)

Footnote: Many years later I bumped into Tom outside the pet shop I ran at the time, I recognised me instantly, I asked how he remembered and he said " All the lads like you who got in trouble now and again where special to me, I paid more attention to you because I wanted to try and turn things around for you".
He then invited me to tea with himself and his wife that evening.

He died not long after that meeting, he was a special man, one of the few that genuinely cares for his pupils.

George Basham - no nickname needed and yes he did, the pencil block was his weapon of choice.

Derek "Daddy" Wintle - Games master, a real nice guy who treated you like he would his own kids unless you crossed him, then it was the slipper for you, or if you got caught fighting he'd put you in the ring and make you knock seven bells out of each other until you where exhausted.

Bob "Bod" Morgan - A real hard case, ex forces, short man syndrome - weapons of choice, nutting, knuckling and throwing black board erasers.

"Granny" Morgan - Bods wife and twice as evil - weapons of choice, her tongue which could reduce girls to tears and the ruler, edge on for effect.

Tom "keys" Middleton - A really good and fair head/deputy head - Weapon of choice, the cane, got his nickname as he always walked around the corridors with his hands behind his back rattling his keys.

Tom was a decent guy, but he could be funny too.
One day my mate Tim who was next to me let forth something from the bowels of hell both in volume and deadliness.
I was sitting next to the window so exclaimed something rude to the effect of " aw **** that stinks Tim" and dived out the window.
Of course we both got sent to visit "Keys".
He went through what had happened and we both knew we where in for a caning, so he opens his cupboard where theres a pot full of different sized canes and selects a small one, tells Tim to hold out his hand and gives him a whack.
He then went to the cupboard with it to put it back, so I'm now thinking "phew, got away with it". But he then selects the longest cane in the cupboard, it must have been 4ft long!!.
So I turned to him and said " how come I get that ruddy great thing sir when Tim only got that little one".
Tom turned round and said in his thick welsh accent "well look at the size of you to him boyo".
I freely admit I was laughing so much I never felt a thing :)

Footnote: Many years later I bumped into Tom outside the pet shop I ran at the time, I recognised me instantly, I asked how he remembered and he said " All the lads like you who got in trouble now and again where special to me, I paid more attention to you because I wanted to try and turn things around for you".
He then invited me to tea with himself and his wife that evening.

He died not long after that meeting, he was a special man, one of the few that genuinely cares for his pupils.

Were you made to write things out more than once at School :LOL:

Noddy Nadin...Physics. Old but looked the image of Noddy Holder.

Bammer Barker. Maths. Older than God, deaf as a post (he said), but could hit you full in the head with a chalk board rubber without even looking at you if you were misbehaving.

Mr Lockwood AKA gas-tap Gary. Biology. Regularly seen rubbing his nuts against the biology lab gas taps during lessons. Utter pervert :LOL:

I dodn't gu te scholl:(

'Flaky' Bill Anderson - he was our headmaster and had a bald head, after the summer holidays his scalp would be peeling having got sunburnt, hence the name Flaky

Mr Durham - history teacher and his nickname was The Pink Panther for obvious reasons :)

Ohhhhh god yes I remember them! Flakey Bill was cool, Mr Durham got wild when the odd ner'do'well started humming the pink panther theme :LOL:

Do you remember Eyes McNab?

Only one I can remember was a physics teacher called "Budgie". I have no idea why!

Back