What screen resolution.....................?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been looking at a new computer for installing the latest lightroom classic cc and photoshop and the new luminar app.
Looked at the Dell Inspiron 27'' 7775 all in one, but can't decide if getting the UHD (3840 x 2160) screen over the FHD (1920 x 1080) screen is worth it.
Is the UHD screen better for photo processing rather than the Fhd that I have just now and looks fine to my eye, ( on a HP Touchsmart 520 all in one ) ?
Anyone using one of these Dell all in ones, would love an unbiased view of a user ?
Thanks.

I've been using a 2560 x 1440 27" monitor for several years and my personal opinion is that 4k is going to be very hard to read unless you scale it in Windows display settings. But I think I'd rather have that than 1920 x 1080......

I use a couple of Dell P2715Q 3840x2160's. I use a 150% scaling and they look great. Very sharp, calibrate well and loads of screen real estate Lightroom. Most apps are now 4K aware and scale there GUI accordingly.

The only problems I had was when I had a single P2715Q and a 1920x200 24" monitor. Windows still doesn't work properly with different scaling on different monitors when you move apps between them. They adopt the scaling of screen they open on and don't change until they are restarted.

I would recommend you go 4K/UHD and use 150% scaling so text is a readable size. Scaling only makes the assets bigger (text and icons), you still get the benefits of improved resolution for images.

Last edited:
150% scaling so text is a readable size. Scaling only makes the assets bigger (text and icons)
Pardon my ignorance, but does mean that when using say Lightroom, the lightroom drop down menus etc. will be ''enlarged'' but the photo being processed will be at the designated screen resolution, ie 4K ?

Pardon my ignorance, but does mean that when using say Lightroom, the lightroom drop down menus etc. will be ''enlarged'' but the photo being processed will be at the designated screen resolution, ie 4K ?

Yes, that's right. Your menus, icons, on screen text etc are all readable and sharp and the you get the benefits of the increased screen resolution for photo rendering.

I will say this though, when I moved from a Canon 24-105mk2 to a Canon 24-70mk2 I didn't at first see the expected increase in sharpness on screen. Then I had an eye test and got some reading glasses.... best upgrade ever.

I think I'll have to go to a PC World shop and take a close look at these screen choices with some of my own shots on a memory stick.
Thanks for the information and opinions, all appreciated.

I use a couple of Dell P2715Q 3840x2160's. I use a 150% scaling and they look great. Very sharp, calibrate well and loads of screen real estate Lightroom. Most apps are now 4K aware and scale there GUI accordingly.
I have one P2715Q and run it at 150% as well. I find it an excellent monitor. The pair of 2209WA that sit one either side I run at 100% and are still excellent.

Back