What should i get next

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Got given some vouchers from work which i can spend in many places.

Now to get next?

Better Flash or Circular Polarizer

Im still learning about photography but getting ther slowly. My photos are a bit of everything really, no specific topic of theme yet. Im steering towards the flash!

What do you think you will achieve by getting each of these?

You say 'better flash' - Do you feel that you have reached the limits of your existing flash? How will an upgrade improve your work?

Do you feel that a CPL will be of a great benefit to you? Will you use it enough to reap the rewards?

Only you can answer these, but I would suggest a good place to start by answering them.

What do you like taking pictures of?

At the moment a bit any anything, Landscapes, People, Buildings, Events like parties, aircraft and motor cars. Prob too much to get general kit for.

What do you think you will achieve by getting each of these?

You say 'better flash' - Do you feel that you have reached the limits of your existing flash? How will an upgrade improve your work?

Do you feel that a CPL will be of a great benefit to you? Will you use it enough to reap the rewards?

Only you can answer these, but I would suggest a good place to start by answering them.

I feel the on-board flash did not give me the reach i needed, when taking photos of a large group in the evening cause some problems in the middle of a field.

To improve the landscape pictures (all in the learning for my honeymoon next year to Caribbean) and looking to improve the picture contrast

Maybe there is still a lot to learn which could help improve. I know composition is one thing i need to focus on, but im sure that will come with practice.

A big flash will improve a lot of the pictures you perhaps already take, and also allow you to do stuff that you currently cannot.

A CPL filter will improve landscape shots.

A big flash would get my vote...got any particular models in mind?

I am looking at the Jessops 300 or 360 AFD second hand as i can not afford the canon ones at the moment.

Are there any good makes out there without the canon price tag?

I am looking at the Jessops 300 or 360 AFD second hand as i can not afford the canon ones at the moment.

Are there any good makes out there without the canon price tag?

I would get a Canon flash for future-proofing. There is a great deal of communication that goes on between the camera and flash, and only Canon knows what they're going to do in the future. Apart from that, they are really good guns. Could you strecth to a used 430EX - they're often in the For Sale forum.

(430EX is essentially identical to the 430EXII, with a different foot mechanism.)

:plus1: for the flash - where are your vouchers for as you say you can spend in many places :shrug:

Back