What software?

That'll be after effects and the use of Camera Track Matte or some other manual method such as creating a null object and re-positioning it frame by frame

Thanks, I forgot I asked this.
A while ago I saw a a very quickly produced, but smooth and clean edit of a football scene (I think it showed a frustrated manager exploding on the touchline) which made me think there was something more instant out there.
I'm guessing Adobe Premier has a similar tracking option (although, maybe not Elements)?

Yes Premiere Pro does have motion tracking for masks, but as with most of those sorts of tasks you would usually use After Effects over Premiere as it is more powerful. As After Effects comes in the same creative suite it sort of makes sense to do so, but this assumes you have the time to learn how to use After Effects...

Premiere Pro is adding more and more After Effects features into it - kinda like how you can edit photo in Photoshop, but Lightroom will always be better.

That's how I see PP and AE - use them for what they are best for. Quick text animations, PP will be fine, but something more complicated, it's worth opening up AE and do it "properly"

kinda like how you can edit photo in Photoshop, but Lightroom will always be better.

That's how I see PP and AE - use them for what they are best for. Quick text animations, PP will be fine, but something more complicated, it's worth opening up AE and do it "properly"

I'm guessing you meant you can edit a photo in Lightroom but Photoshop will always be better?

No, a RAW file will always benefit from editing in Lightroom over Photoshop.... You'd use Photoshop more as an editing tool after, whereas LR is the development part of the photo.

What about the Camera raw tool in Photoshop?

Not as powerful as LR.

I wouldn't say LR is specifically better but whereas it used to only do cataloging, adjustments and minor editing (a bit like camera raw but a better interface), it now has a whole load of powerful editing tools that mean the times you need to fire up Photoshop are few and far between for editing photos.

Not as powerful as LR.

I wouldn't say LR is specifically better but whereas it used to only do cataloging, adjustments and minor editing (a bit like camera raw but a better interface), it now has a whole load of powerful editing tools that mean the times you need to fire up Photoshop are few and far between for editing photos.

Surely both Photoshop and Lightroom use the same ACR?

Back