What sort of bags are you using?

Lowepro CompuRover AW and Fastpack 100.

Neither is working for me at the moment, so I stuck them on ebay. I am very pleased this thread came up. Crumpler XXL seems a good replacement :)

Lowpro Vertex 200 (courtesy of Blue Moon 7) - nice size for me, can attach a tripod and get a good amount of kit into and is comfortable for the odd hike cross country.

If I'm just going wandering I use a Billingham 335

My faithful servant is the Billingham, been with me since 1985

well...my bag collection now contains:

Lowepro Commercial AW
Lowepro Stealth d300 AW
Crumpler pretty boy XL

The lowepros with their waterproof cover have paid for themselves, they are rugged, built like tanks and fit everything in!

I have a Redsnapper shoulder bag which I love the look and convenience of, is good for smaller amounts and short hops, but tends to slip off the shoulder too easily, so I've just ordered a Lowepro Vertex 100 AW as an alternative for full days out/more kit. Also have a Lowepro Rezo 160 AW if I just want to take the body with attached lens.

I've got a lowepro microtrekker 200. It carries all of my stuff, for the simpl reason it can be packed away in one place when at home. I probably wouldn't carry all this stuff on a day out.
I wanted a small bag so my stuff didn't rattle around too much and also it'd be easy for flights.

CD for size reference.

Lowe Pro Photo Trekker AWII for me although I am about to buy myself a big Peli Case with wheels as the bag is getting way too heavy and is starting to struggle with the amount of gear being stuffed in it.

IMG_4354.jpg

I am after something pretty small, first DSLR, Olympus E410 twin lens, so currently only got 1 extra lens, got no other bits yet, but over time will look into it, so after soemthing entry level to carry it about.
Any suggestions?

Lowepro Orion Trekker II
Carry's Body with 18-200 on + 75-300mm + Nifty + Flash + everything else..

Very comfortable on long hikes..

Great thread folks,

So which backpack do I need for a 100-400, 300 f4 and a couple of bodies?.

Any info would be great
Cheers

Rob

Interesting read but i'm not much the wiser lol

What would be a good bag for me, I intend to carry one camera and a couple of lenses plus some odds and sods. Want easy accessability not too big, lightweight.

Interesting read but i'm not much the wiser lol

What would be a good bag for me, I intend to carry one camera and a couple of lenses plus some odds and sods. Want easy accessability not too big, lightweight.

Try the Lowepro Slingshot 100AW. It held my 40D and three medium lenses plus bits & bobs.

I recently bought a Slingshot 200 bag. For a long, long time I looked at the 300 and considered if I needed the extra capacity it offered. We travel a bit, and I was fairly sure that while I would be allowed to carry the 200 on most airlines, some others might not let me take the 300.
Eventually I looked at all the websites I could find which compared the two bags. I even looked through Flickr to see examples of how different people pack their bags, taking into consideration the equipment they need and use. Then I laid out everything I knew I'd definitely want in the bag, making sure it was both the minimum and the maximum required. This led to me knowing that without a doubt the Slingshot 200 was what I should buy. So I went out with confidence and bought it. I use it very often. But it's too small and I should've bought the 300 instead.

I'm using a Redsnapper SY618, it takes my 70-200, 17-55, body, flash and other bits and pieces and still has room for a small pair of binoculars.

Kev

Centon BP500. It's a Jessops jobby, but it does the job nicely (y)

Centon D-Trek Backpack 2 (BP500)

I just picked one of these up for £32 at Jessops, had a little bag as part of my package deal but it looked more like a handbag so i wanted a backpack that didnt look photography related and seen this at such a cheap price. I did think it may be a little large for my D40 but I also bought SB-600, 55-200 VR, 1hr charger so with all that and mini tripod, camera charger, rocket blower, lens hood, ML-3 remote and some filters its actually looking quite full. Defo space for couple more lens but would have to move things about a fair bit which means either a sandwich or camcorder could fit as it is now. Also small storage flap for manuals, clean kits and the like. Seems very comfy when worn although not really spent much time with it on yet, all in all a bargin.

Lowepro Pro Trekker

Lowepro Lens Trekker

Lowepro Magnum

Hama Defender 170(y)

I am after something pretty small, first DSLR, Olympus E410 twin lens, so currently only got 1 extra lens, got no other bits yet, but over time will look into it, so after soemthing entry level to carry it about.
Any suggestions?

Olypmus actually manufacture a special bag for the E400 series, twin lens kit ...

Olympuscamerabag.jpg

I didn't buy one for my E420 though - I just tuck it in my sock ;)!

Exactly. I like the look of the bag, you don't, it's purely objective. I have to say that the black 445 looks a lot better than the sand coloured one.

I think you mean subjective.

I have the slingshot 200 AW and its brilliant. I hate shoulder bags that just dangle by your side. The slingshot is both out of the way, and easy to access. (plus at a little under £50 its very affordable)

Iv just got myself a Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW for £29.99 from Jacobs Digital. They are pretty much out of stock now and no longer available online luckily they had one left in my local store and they saved it for me!

So far it seems like a great bag and really comfortable just trying to arrange all my kit in there now!

dsc00321gz9.jpg

Back