What they should put on cameras.

All lenses and bodies environmentally sealed. Totally waterproof and dustproof.

a camera that's actually made for proper, 'artist' photographers, not photojournalists, sports pro's, uncle bobs or facebook users

bringing back the disclipline of shooting a pentax MX with a handful of primes, with a perfect MF viewfinder, smooth focussing lenses and a camera that looks like a precision instrument rather than a black box

alpa_tc_23_s.jpg

failing that a full frame pentax...

And a clock , cos i go into the garden for 10 mins and go back in about an hour later ,:LOL: where does the time go :shrug:

Not sure about Canon dSLR's, but the recent IXUS and S95 have clocks.

Bc1lx.jpg

I agree about the more manual controls and less menu. Definitely.

AF points that cover the whole frame...or perhaps wider application of something like Hasselblad's True Focus system.

Some form of shutter mechanism that will allow for even quicker flash sync speeds.

A button that applies clarity at -100 to any image on the memory card :D

A way to see the image focus points on image review, make the lcd useful for something!

lushuk said:
A way to see the image focus points on image review, make the lcd useful for something!

My d700 does this. It's one of the playback modes.

i'm 99% sure there is a custom function to allow that on your 5d

I'd really like it if on lightroom when you clicked 100% view, it just flashed a box on the screen that says "does it really matter?"

i'm 99% sure there is a custom function to allow that on your 5d

Hi ive had another look and cant see it, can you give me a guide:) thanks

bigger brighter viewfinders. Its how you see what you're photographing, but doesn't get much attention in mid range cameras.
I recently had a look through my old minolta x700, and now I'm trying to forget how good the vf picture is compared to my 550d.
buy a FF DSLR then (or one with an EVF but current EVFs are a different experience from optical viewfinders).
The optical VFs on crop cameras are smaller/dimmer because the area of coverage is smaller.

I can't really see that having any use for normal day photographers, maybe the paps and police forces, but I don't want to take a street scene and see bins round a corner in an alley.

An anti riot button that disperses tear gas from the corner of the grip, for news photographers who don't want to lose £7k of camera+lens
:bat::help::puke:

Built in ND grads/polarisers, with some way of selecting where you want the grad to be, and it doesnt have to be straight, you can draw it around objects. That would be awesome!

+1 Got to be better than sticking a bit of extra glass in front of your lens and so much more convenient.

near future: special mounting that will allow to change lenses without the fear of getting dust inside.

distant future: little red button that transforms your camera into a key chain so that it's easy to carry while travelling and not shooting.

A rotating sensor so you can shoot landscape or portrait without having to turn the camera on its side.

An adjustable anti-gravity device so you don't need to carry a tripod.

A lens mount that would accept any lens from any manufacturer & would allow that lens to work perfectly.

As fantastic as it would be to have a feature that tells you which parts of your image are in focus, I doubt the technology would ever be available. If it was possible then it would be built in to lenses to ensure that they absolutely focus correctly every single time.

How about being able to choose the focus point after the shot is taken?

Built in ND grads/polarisers, with some way of selecting where you want the grad to be, and it doesnt have to be straight, you can draw it around objects. That would be awesome!

This almost exists e.g. the recent Fuji X100 has a built-in ND filter. Adjustable grad/polariser should be the next step.

As fantastic as it would be to have a feature that tells you which parts of your image are in focus, I doubt the technology would ever be available. If it was possible then it would be built in to lenses to ensure that they absolutely focus correctly every single time.

"sharpness is a bourgeois concept." - HCB

Built in ND grads.

Most pro video cameras have got a range built in ND filters, so nice to work with - shame that slrs are so small that we probably won't ever see them be built in. Essentially you're just after more dynamic range there...

-Rob- said:

Sony's NEX cameras already have this with their 'focus peaking' feature. Works with any lens, including legacy manual focus ones.

http://www.photographybay.com/2011/...re-peaking-aka-manual-focus-assist-for-video/

For me the greatest thing they could so with cameras is bin the software/menu side of it
Camera manufacturers should just build a great sensor/body/lenses

camera screen and setting/menu buttons should be replaced with a smartphone mount

You mount the smartphone and use software supplied on that

OR even better open source the API's so that developers can build custom interfaces and software that could do all sorts (eg. look at all the camera apps on the iPhone etc)

Back