What to choose?

Edit My Images
No
I have body 40D. I want to take a photos especially: nature and portrait
For nature: Tokina 12-24 mm f/4
and portrailt: Canon 50mm 1.4
I have a problem, i have money for one of this lens now. Second i want buy for 3-4 months later. Which option to choose?

Nature with the 12-24mm? :eek::eek:

For nature you need a long focal length, such as 300mm. The Tamron will be good for landscapes and where you need a wide field of view. I think maybe you have got a little confused over focal lengths and what works best with what sort of photography.

This link to another thread may help you.

The Tokina is an excellent ultra wide for a crop body like the 40D and would be a useful addition to any kit lens you may have--just not ideal for portrait or nature.For nature you are probably going to need a lens that will at least go to 300mm.If budget is tight the Canon 50mm f/1.8 can generally be picked up for about £70 and is a cracking lens for the money.

What type of nature are you looking at?
The 12-24 is a a fine heap of glass for the wider view, so landscape type nature is what you get that lens for.

jj sorry no nature or landscape. i don`s speak english very good. i`m sorry
i have take a photo landscape.
i buy 50mm 1.8 with 18-55 now and later i want buy tokina 12-24 for landscape. it`s good? or do you have better option

I have used the tokina 12-24 for a couple of years now - and I have no desire to change it for anything else. I think that shows it is worth keeping :)

Back