What to do...D80, D90

Edit My Images
No
I'm new to photography using a DSLR, my friends have them but i havent owned one before. Like all of you im sure, once i saw the D90 advert i was in awe and wanted to get one. However the D80 with Lens has been reduced to £391 from around £600, a huge difference. The D90 is at its cheapest around £729. I'm a student, to be honest don't have a lot of money howevvveerrr really would like a camera. My heart says the D90, but i think because im new at photography that i should go for the D80 and invest in a couple years in the latest model. What would you guys suggest? I'd be really grateful for your advice, thanks!!!

x

Just because a new model has come out it doesn't mean the one it replaces suddenly becomes a bad camera. If you are short of cash, go for the D80. If you like photography and you want to upgrade you'll be able to sell on the D80 easily enough.

:agree:

The D80 is a cracking camera, later on as you get comfortable with it, it will benefit from better lenses and will be easy enough to sell on.
If it were my money I wouldn't hesitate at the D80.

kev

D80, cant fail

Get the D80 and buy better glass.

Oh Welcome by the way:)

Don't get me wrong,the D90 will be an excellent camera, but at nearly half the price, for a first dslr, I'd buy the D80, in fact I did :LOL:

D80 or D80 or the D80. No brainer at that price, any leftover cash get better lenses.

Andy

The D80 was my first camera and have been thoroughly pleased with it, so I say its the better deal over the D90. I am upgrading soon but really have seconds thought about selling the D80 to my friend.

The d80 is soon to be my second camera as i want a wider choise of lenses to use.lol

I picked up my D90 today....what a step up from the D40. (y)

hope im making a good decision buy getting a d80 to replace my d40:thinking::)

hope im making a good decision buy getting a d80 to replace my d40:thinking::)

I'm sure the D80 will be great but I'm also going from the d40 to the d90 . It was the better iso performance and larger dynamic range of the D90 that sold me. I figure i'll notice the improvement in image quality more in the d90 than the d80.....and for me that was worth forking out a few extra squids for

Back