What to use to upload pics on the forum

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks been a member for a while now but not very sure how to upload pics on the forum and what programme to use ect? tried searching for the answer in the forum but i couldnt find it?

Uploading pics to Flickr or Photobucket etc will allow you to link to the image by using the

lochgilp said:
Hi Folks been a member for a while now but not very sure how to upload pics on the forum and what programme to use ect? tried searching for the answer in the forum but i couldnt find it?

Hi

If you look in the forum information and discussion section, then FAQ & guides, the "how to upload photo" is there

Sorry, couldn't post a link on the phone

From what i understand flickr is the prefered option for uploading pics. Photobucket compresses the image whereas flickr leaves it original

I currently use Flickr but you are limited to 200 pics for free you then either have to pay a small quarterly fee to upgrade your account or delete some of your photos
Photobucket seems to be free

I use Imageshack for hosting. Photobucket may compress images, and Flickr has limited image size I think.

Imageshack is basic, Photobucket has gallery options and Flickr has a community to get involved in, should you want to. I just want basic hosting though, so it was Imageshack for me even though I have Photobucket and Flickr accounts too.

They're all free though, so you could try all of them to see which you like. :shrug: :)

I like Flickr after trying a few
Going pro is quite interesting for your stats, and its a friendly community, couldn't be simpler for sharing photos here or elsewhere
I've used it a lot recently to share shoots with shootees
Totally user friendly site for me

Back