What unusual photo jobs have you done ?

I had the chance to record this a few years ago. It is a used engine of V2 Ballistic missile which exploded in the canal at Barking In East London towards the end of the 2WW. The only reason it survived reasonably intact is deemed due to a side effect of exploding underwater in the deep canal . Those nozzles on the top are all fuel and liquid oxygen inlets..some with steering if I remember the mechanics right...or steering was the whole thing was on a gimbal so it could be tilted and corrected.

V2engine.jpg

That is very cool.... amazing how advanced the Nazis were - shame it was for war/death

I once got a phone call from a mates wife asking if I could go and do a full on explicit shoot of her while my mate was out. She wanted a surprise for his birthday apparently. She's since become an infrequent model for me and my shots have been in quite a few of the popular 'men's magazines'. I keep getting the odd issue through the post when she appears in them even now.

I did a recent piece in Africa of a 7 year old girl who walks 14km to school. In order for me to do the piece, I did the walk with her. It was used to support Malala Day (Malala Yousafzai who was shot by the taliban when walking to school) and was featured on the BBC websites in many countries. Probably one of my most unusual but rewarding pieces of work :)

Stella-6.jpg

Full story is on my website if interested
http://www.jamesoliverstone.co.uk/the-road-to-education/

First morning getting serious with my first digital SLR many years ago, quick search on the interweb... rode over to West London quick, and as if by luck.. well ok it was luck.
whalecrowdsmall.jpg

Old web photo, old carpy tamron zoom, old ugly sig soz .

Amazing! that is in a remarkable condition.
I once did a shoot in BAE as it is now and had to put the camera away very securely when we walked past the missiles as they were Top secret so I have no missile pic to share. Probably just as well as they were very touchy about the whole secrecy thing.
That is very cool.... amazing how advanced the Nazis were - shame it was for war/death

Scary thought how easily things could have been different hey.... human nature means we always produce our best at the last moment doesn't it. ...:eek:

Hmm, the Google/Boston Dynamics and hyper real sex dolls world take over conspiracy theory. ... OMG, that could work!

I once did a lesbian wedding that was themed on St George and the dragon (all one side dressed as St George and the other as the dragon)

Also I did a multi day shoot for a guy who wanted a 'baby book' of his new house being built

but probably the weirdest was for an ex employer where I went round a park photographing piles of dog poop - it was used in a montage for a ' clean up after your pet' campaign.

Back