Beginner What upgrade ?

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, all this is my first post as you may see. I'm looking to now upgrade my camera but I'm unsure on where I should be heading ( please canon loves don't try pulling me into the dark side haha ):nikon: ( but I am honestly open to either ! at the moment I'm using an entry level d3300 and I've recently started doing entry level studio photography ( if that's what you even call it ) anyway I have a basic studio set up with 3 softboxes and a backdrop again just basic I think. so I am wanting to upgrade my camera ( i think ) because I'm looking at buying a studio flash and as far as I can tell the d3300 is not compatible with a wireless trigger. so basically my question is what camera would be a good upgrade too obviously the budget price would have to be taken into consideration! I'm just so unsure of what should be my next step ! hope this all makes sense as I have my 7 years old asking me like 300 question while trying to type this :):):):) kids ay LMFAO thanks in advance guys :ty:

does it ??? do you mind explaining to me how this works? thanks :) :) :)

well, there we go then maybe the camera upgrade is not so needed just yet then ! maybe I will get away with my d3300 for a while longer now the next thing to do is find a budget studio flash kit with wireless trigger :) not unless you guys can recommend any?

Don't buy the cheapest s*** you find. You already did that once, and now you realise you need flash (the money you already spent could have made a start).

Decent stands are worth every penny, the £10-20 eBay stands are s***e.

All those cheap flash units with the 'universal mount' are s***e.

You can get some cheap Godox flash units, with no warranty or after sales support at really good prices, or you can go to Lencarta or Essential and get similar products with great support for not much more money.

I'll do links in a bit.

Godox flash head

Trigger set

Stands

Softbox choice gets complicated, but ensure you get one with a lip as it'll help when you learn how to use it, and with 2 diffusers, and any grid should be deep and have small pockets, the cheap grids with large pockets are useless. And you'll pay more for an easy setup design, but if you're shooting in a home studio and you need to pack them away, well worth the effort.

You'll need a 5 in 1 reflector, a black option and sunfire is more use than a straight gold.

I'll be watching this thread because of the useful advice for when I want to start experimenting with off camera flash.
Again
There's tons of info in the lighting section.

And some of the best advice from people who rarely venture out of there.

And to add.

I know I mentioned not scrimping before...

But for clarity, 'light' adds more to the quality of an image than a camera ever could, photographers get excited about camera upgrades and will easily spend thousands.

If you were thinking you needed £500 for a camera upgrade but now you 'only' need some flash, keep the whole of that budget available, going cheap will just be buying frustration.

Cactus V6 & V6ii, also the Cactus RF60 & RF60x flash units, the triggers though manual (not TTL) are multi talented and great value for money.
:banana::olympus:

Back