What was the modifier used in this shot

Hey, looks to me like a snooted hard light on a boom. The snoot could of been white to give the feathered edge. Probably some black card in places to control the spill?

Yep, that will be a honeycomb fitted to a standard reflector, on a boom arm directly overhead

It says what modifier was used in the post..... :thinking:

Single studio flash with honeycombe at high level pointed down above model (can't remember power/meter level) simple set up but I was over the moon with the results.

Don't be a smart a**e it was a reasonable question!
It wasn't if you have any idea what a honeycomb actually is and how it is used ;)

All anyone on this thread has done is rewrite what was posted under the photo itself.

All anyone on this thread has done is rewrite what was posted under the photo itself.

I was confused at first, but to be fair I think Duncan was asking what modifier was holding the honeycomb. Was it a standard reflector in a variation of sizes, a beauty dish, or even a snoot. I'd agree with the others that is was a standard reflector of some sort, size is anyones guess :)

It wasn't if you have any idea what a honeycomb actually is and how it is used ;)

People are so stupid.... :shake: I bet you wonder why you bother:)

People are so stupid.... :shake: I bet you wonder why you bother:)
I'm only on here whilst I wait for the machine gun to turn up... :eek:

I think this thread is getting a bit silly and personal for no good reason...

My answer is, I'm pretty sure, correct - a standard reflector with honeycomb, although the honeycomb isn't really doing anything I can see it there.

Perhaps a beauty dish without a honeycomb might be a better choice of tool, because the cutoff of light would have been sharper.

Better still perhaps would have been a fresnel spot - but maybe the photographer didn't have those tools or chose not to use them.

An interesting shot though. I might show how to do something similar on the Lencarta lighting workshop next Sunday.

Back