Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Would you Bin it or rescue it?

:shrug:

IMG_0979_small.jpg
:

To be honest I think it is rather lovely as it is!

Rescue it from what?

I'd clone out the things on the posts - one on the near right and one right at the end - then i'd feel chuffed :D

stoked that you guys like it. I wasnt sure if the lack of detail in the mountains and the slightly burnt out sky ruined it.

Nothing to bin ... :cautious: ... nothing to rescue ... :shrug:

A fine image just as it is imhgo ... (y)

:p

I think you knew it was a good image, and you just were being supercritical to hope people would sympathise and say its a good shot :p

You didn't need to, because it IS a good shot. It is definitely something I'd have framed on my wall.

I'd clone out the blobs on the posts and try and bring out some more texture and detail from the wooden walkway, otherwise a very nice shot :)

i think what everyone is trying to say is bin it :LOL:

Are you freakin insane???? As one of my follow edinburgers might put it, "That's pure minted, ya radge"...

Translation:
"What a jolly picture, well done young chap!"

Gary.

stoked that you guys like it. I wasnt sure if the lack of detail in the mountains and the slightly burnt out sky ruined it.

I know what your looking for.
Is this straight from cam or "edited"
It might be nice, but if its not what you hoped for (and everybodys different), maybe a different approach to edit ?
There maybe detail lost during edit, if not, you'll have to love with it:)
Its a nice photo, I think you're right about the detail in the blacks, maybe not the distant mountains so much as the posts....whatever, it doesn't make it a scrapper.(y)

Ha! thanks all for taking the time to comment.

I am still pretty fresh when it comes to judging what is and isn't a good shot. I've had a couple I really like get lots of constructive criticism on tp and others (like this), which I was less sure about, get some really positive comments.

I always liked the image but reached a point where I didn't know what to do with it and started questioning if it was even any good in the first place (thus the bin it question).

You guys are a huge help. lesson learnt - go with gut feel and don't be unnecessarily critical of your shots. especially when you are a rookie

will work on the suggestions made

cheers

Ok, I've spent a while looking at this one as it just doesn't work for me. I've tried a few crops to balance it up but it keeps feeling right heavy. I think that the problem is that you weren't lined up with the jetty and you kinda have to get symmetry bang on if that's what you're doing.

Of the crops I tried, this was my fave. :)

IMG_0979_small1.jpg

Lovely edit Dazza! that definitely brings out the best in the shot imho :)

Cloned out the extra post, burned the wood and duotoned

scene.jpg

I think it's pants... bin it... in my bin... I'll have it!!!!

Are you crazy?! :eek:

It's AMAZING!! :clap::clap::clap:

I agree with everyone else that it is a good shot. You should be ver pleased with it. Btw those edts are great, how can you clone so well, all my attempts end up with a blob where i cloned it.

great shot as it is, but that said I do also Like Andy's second offering :)

Thanks all, my first bit of positive feedback.

Andy
PS - I did think the original was a great picture, but I am really getting into duo/trio/quad toning.

Where is that shot taken?

I've got a canvas print above the fireplace on my living room wall, and I swear its the spitting image of that place.

I've got a wonder about the painting above my fireplace, I'll need to take a photo of it, and post it here for an opinion or too.

Anyway, where's that shot taken?

John

I agree with what dazz said about the lack of symmetry, so pulled it around to try and get things central (and added a spot of split-toning seeing as you like it!):

img0979small2xd9.jpg

(the warp and distort softened the image a lot, but you'd get away with it better o the full-size).

you guys are legends! Thanks for taking the time to edit. Its now looking a lot more like I hoped it could. love the duo tones

John, this was taken at lake Rotoiti in the south islnad of new zealand.

would be interesting to see your print0

Ted, i think your pic is loaded with potential and Andybilly just proved it. Great pic.
The Viking

That is one beautiful shot, i would leave it as it is, and certainly wouldn't get rid of it.

Back