What would you do?

Edit My Images
No
My first picture post :) yay :D

okay, basically i've taken these nice shots but i'm not sure how i can improve them. Usually i do have a habit for heavy processing but with these it's different. Any help would be beneficial!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6152/6254451039_c5e431549b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6055/6254977178_19f6a17ea2.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6231/6254443627_d2e91c30c2.jpg

note: please don't be to scathing please about the focus or something, its a Panasonic DMC-FS62 which is a basic point and shoot camera, probably worth around £30 now.

It put the pics on here so we can see them instead of links to Flickr. That's what I'd do.:D

On the first, I would crop to the left a bit, I like the second although I would've changed the angle a tiny bit.

But I quite like them.

On the first, I would crop to the left a bit, I like the second although I would've changed the angle a tiny bit.

But I quite like them.

thanks a lot :) Interesting crop choice for the left rather than the right, i will try it

thanks a lot :) Interesting crop choice for the left rather than the right, i will try it

yeah, on this particular photo I thought to the left would work, just to get rid a bit of the light source you have on the right. As at least to me, direct the eye on that direction (for a few seconds)

I would maybe try a little false vignetting (I do this in Lightroom), to darken the corners, and draw the eyes into the middle of the pictures.

I do like them as is though.

I would maybe try a little false vignetting (I do this in Lightroom), to darken the corners, and draw the eyes into the middle of the pictures.

I do like them as is though.

Thanks, i don't have lightroom but i do have elements so i will try this :)
i do like them as it is, but i always edit pictures, i can't ever leave them as they are. This will have to be the exception

Number 1 : the right side is blown out you can see the sun rays about 2 thirds of the way down. Either crop as suggested or clone the blue to all 1 shade. The left of both flowers is dark and lacks detail. I would have changed the angle slightly so the flower is more evenly lit.
2. Not sure what the focus point is.
3. The bottom right appears blown out treat the same as number 1 crop / clone / change angle.
Hope this helps and isn't too harsh just my opinion others may differ.

John.

Number 1 : the right side is blown out you can see the sun rays about 2 thirds of the way down. Either crop as suggested or clone the blue to all 1 shade. The left of both flowers is dark and lacks detail. I would have changed the angle slightly so the flower is more evenly lit.
2. Not sure what the focus point is.
3. The bottom right appears blown out treat the same as number 1 crop / clone / change angle.
Hope this helps and isn't too harsh just my opinion others may differ.

John.

Not harsh thats great, thanks a lot! I never noticed that line before, elements will sort that.
Just one question, what do you mean by 'blown out' its blurry but that was the camera focusing?

Back