What would you do

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
I bought a dog grooming aid on e.bay ,as we needed it fairly quickly I bought a u.k based item supposedly from Manchester 50 miles away ,it has taken over two weeks to get here from china ,I have left a negative feedback stating it’s a good item but there’s no need to lie about where it’s from ,this morning I received a message asking if I would like to change that feedback in exchange for a 20% refund . The item was only £12 so it’s not enough to purger myself for .what would you do

Last edited:
I bloody hate it, when they lie like that, I have done the same as you, in the past, so I "Vote" leave it!

You put it there for a reason.. shame on anyone who deletes the honest feedback for any amount of moeny... mackes a mockery of the whole system.

Answers simple.. leave it..

i tend to scroll down to the bottom of the page to look at the business address 9 times out of ten if it's a business seller on ebay it will have the address
it's surprising how many claim they are based in the uk but the address at the bottom of the page is china
i keep looking until i find one that is based in the uk but even then there are no guarantees it's where it says it is

i would leave the feedback where it is especially if on the ebay page they say uk stock

Ask them for a full refund in exchange for upgrading the feedback, then just upgrade it to neutral with the same review?

i tend to scroll down to the bottom of the page to look at the business address 9 times out of ten if it's a business seller on ebay it will have the address
it's surprising how many claim they are based in the uk but the address at the bottom of the page is china
That doesn't necessarily mean the item is in China though. Ive bought from sellers, based in China, who have UK stock.

Upon saying that.......I've just bought a cheap Chinese smart watch from a seller based in China, the listing claimed the goods were in the uk. The watch took just over a week to arrive and the postage on the packet clearly says, Germany. Whilst I left positive feedback, the item arrived within the expected time, I did mention the fact that, at least this one, was not in fact in stock in the UK.

Last edited:
I bought a kitchen tool (£20) from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. It came from China and was rubbish. I gave it a very bad review. The seller said they would send a replacement and asked me to amend my review. I refused, but they sent a replacement which was also rubbish. I informed Amazon. I don't see the seller's advert anymore.

I bought a Lowepro bag from Amazon a few months ago, paid decent money but it was a copy. It had a funny smell when i took it out of the bag, the badges were slightly wonky, but the funniest thing was the waist belt wouldn't go anywhere near me - when I measured it, it was 28" waist at its max! 'Asian size'.

The seller was 'surprised' when I contacted them and said they has sold dozens, mine must have been a rogue one slipped into their shipment. Yeah right. I was refunded.

Back