What would you guys keep?

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok ok, I'm in the schtuck, we're buying a house for the first time in our lives (43) and although we've raised a 20% deposit I'm still going to to be skinto so need to look at selling some of my lovely better cameras to pay all the huge costs involved. If you had to keep just one from the list below which would it be and why?

Leica I

Leica IIc

Leica M2

Leica LeicaFlex SL

Nikon F5

Voigtlander Bessa R

Voigtlander Bessa R2a

Olympus OM1n

Olympus OM2n

Obviously I have a lot of other cameras to sell too, but most of these and the associated lenses are the ones which will raise some money

Tough call. As you know I have a CL, I also have a IIIb now and as an engineer I can appreciate both the design and build of the cameras. Were it me, I'd stick with them and ditch the rest... thereby narrowing the choice down to the top four - choosing from which would depend on the sort of thing I took pics of. Oh yeah, I also have the XA, get one!

Last edited:
I know what you mean, the CL is a lovely little camera and its always a regret selling something as nice as that.

I reckon the Voigtlanders are going to have to go as they are modern day lens holders for the Leica lenses.

Olympus wise, well its what I've always had and love, but to be honest my favourite of all the Olympus is my OM10, its a nice basic camera that does its job just fine.

Well, I really do not like Olympus style when it comes to SLR, maybe if you were talking a 4ti then yeah, keep it, but... You gotta go with what you're happy to use though - to me the two you mention are pick-up-able fairly easily and a bit boring too :D

I'm going to keep it simple - they're all lovely cameras and I'd personally find it terribly difficult to get rid of any of them. However, if it came right down to it I'd keep the one I used most. Whichever had the most films through it would get the vote.

That's what *I* said - as long as it's a Leica though :D

Definitely the one you use the most. No point keeping something that is worth money gathering dust!

LOL in which case the one thats the Bessa R, its an original first batch with wonky framelines and slightly out of sync rangefinder but its an ace bit of kit, and it doesn't flatten batteries if you leave it on unlike the R2a which is a total pain in the backside when you go to shoot and can't because you have knocked the switch or maybe have left it on from last time!

I'd keep the bessa R, remember to post all your unwanted cameras in a forsale add on here though first to allow all us camera collecting vultures a good feast before you try something like ebay. Please.

I think you should look at selling the ones that are easiest to replace.... there are plenty of good clean F5's about for instance.

I'd keep either of the Voigtlanders, just because I love Voigtlanders.

Back