What you listening to RIGHT now?

Poor old Phil was forgetful back in the day, what will all the extra years have done, think you can forget the setlist, he probably will
He had the set list taped to the stage in front of him. He did have a habit of forgetting names of albums or what year songs were from though. It was a brilliant gig however. First time my son had seen them and he thoroughly enjoyed it too.
Not trusting traffic and not having been to St Albans Arena before, we got there a couple of hours early, but we bumped into Phil outside the venue and had a quick chat before he headed off for a little liquid refreshment. The support band Redscool, a Russion rock band were quite good too.

He had the set list taped to the stage in front of him. He did have a habit of forgetting names of albums or what year songs were from though. It was a brilliant gig however. First time my son had seen them and he thoroughly enjoyed it too.
Not trusting traffic and not having been to St Albans Arena before, we got there a couple of hours early, but we bumped into Phil outside the venue and had a quick chat before he headed off for a little liquid refreshment. The support band Redscool, a Russion rock band were quite good too.

Glad you enjoyed it, didn't realise they were still going, Lights Out in St Albans has a good ring to it

Glad you enjoyed it, didn't realise they were still going, Lights Out in St Albans has a good ring to it
Yeah they are still going. Phil, Andy Parker and Paul Raymond, but now with Vinnie Moore on guitar instead of Schenker/Chapman and a new bass player as Pete Way left the band about 6yrs ago due to ill health. Pete has recently recorded an album of his own which is supposed to be out next year. Unfortunately Pete suffered a heart attack recently whilst in Germany, but he is on the mend.

Currently listening to a signed Vinnie Moore CD I bought at the concert for £5.

Last edited:
E504733A-6558-4598-AC5F-EAAA2D2A7F1B_zps4pfqtpjn.jpg

Ocean colour scene.

Something a bit different

Evanescence with their aptly named album "Evanescence"

Evanescence_Album.jpg

Mike Oldfield Live....

Just saw a clip of Hawkwind with Stacia dancing and remembered I had this album

New day and its this one, some very heavy tracks on this album, in particular the title track, Secondhand and Sledgehammer

Just starting this one now, heavy is the word of the day

Last edited:
Public Service Broadcasting

Live in Brixton

Got back this evening to find Amazon had sent this new album via the Royal Mail and it was in the mail box today instad og Monday. 2 CDs + DVD.

Interesting reprise of their catalogue to date and just finished listening to the 2 CDs.

GOod rdnditions and some new overlays. If you like theit work then there are some interesting renditions.

Spitfire from 'The War Room' is not as driving as the original EP but interesting.

Sputnick and The Far Side from the .'Race for Space' album are really good.

So from a first listen, it's a worthwhile addition to my CD collection.

I will have a go at the DVD later.

If you like their work then there is enough to warrant giving their live work a listen.

Score from me..... 8/10

Back