What you listening to RIGHT now?

During my recent "holiday" in Plymouth, after the surgery, I realised that I had no Beatles at all in my CD or record collection, so at the moment, I'm listening to the sound of the CD drive whirring as I rip Disk 1 of the White Album (yes, I know that strictly speaking it's called simply the Beatles!). To be followed by the other 2 colours, red and blue. Once they're ripped for my MP3 player, I shall use Sonic Stage to play them to me as I'm typing!

Nod said:
During my recent "holiday" in Plymouth, after the surgery, I realised that I had no Beatles at all in my CD or record collection, so at the moment, I'm listening to the sound of the CD drive whirring as I rip Disk 1 of the White Album (yes, I know that strictly speaking it's called simply the Beatles!). To be followed by the other 2 colours, red and blue. Once they're ripped for my MP3 player, I shall use Sonic Stage to play them to me as I'm typing!

It's really weird, I never consider myself a Beatles fan, until I listen to theit back catalogue.

Can't leave this alone, not sure about the poem being included,,,Bolonic Rap? [YOUTUBE]ppcM3nr9s14[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Adelle, Skyfall!

Very good Bond theme, just download from iTunes.

Adelle, Skyfall!

Very good Bond theme, just download from iTunes.

Heard that today. Typical Bond stuff, (that doesn't mean I don't dig it btw). I did think though that Shirley Bassey might be better suited for it although there's nothing wrong with Adelle singing it, just thought it was more of a SB type of song.

Can't help but dislike 75% of all Beatles songs, 20% OK, 5% good+. Mind you, what would have happened without them? :shrug: Then again what would have happened if there were no Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry and the like?
[YOUTUBE]PBFMWFkpZ8o[/YOUTUBE]

Bluesy Children Of The Revolution Feat: Ringo & Elton.

[YOUTUBE]evEbAbQ2sQk[/YOUTUBE]

0001170_400x400.jpeg

Can't leave this alone, not sure about the poem being included,,,Bolonic Rap? [YOUTUBE]ppcM3nr9s14[/YOUTUBE]

Still keep going back to this. It's kinda wrong, but the more I listen the more I dig. Cheers to Tony Visconti and his son,

Funker Vogt - Blutzoll

Going down really well with this morning's work! Must stick it on my music player and take it with me today.

"propper members" :LOL:

[YOUTUBE]Pc6hbiNVfbw[/YOUTUBE]

Squeeze on BBC 4. Nice.

"propper members" :LOL:

[YOUTUBE]Pc6hbiNVfbw[/YOUTUBE]

Dig. Remember this from younger days, good raw pop music derived from the punk/pub rock era.

Oggy said:
Squeeze on BBC 4. Nice.

I missed this, which is a shame as I think they're very underrated musicians and songwriters. I think Labelled with Love is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard, and Black coffee in bed one of the cleverest.

Paolo Nutini - Alloway Grove, epic

[YOUTUBE]swIKGLqIitI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]36kPmMLY4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
oh, my....just spent the last 30 minutes perusing Boney M videos....a big throwback to my childhood. Loved them then, still think they rock. And still think those 3 chicks are hot :) RIP Bobby Farrell, mad as a box of frogs, but taught MJ a thing or to me thinks :)

[YOUTUBE]aFoUNq_1wkc[/YOUTUBE]

Led Zeppelin - Since I've been loving you

i'm a rocker at heart, but was brought up listening to disco and r&b....still love listening to it for a change, and it doesn't get much better than this..

[YOUTUBE]QFyq-v-hf1U[/YOUTUBE]

last one, and I don't think quincy would be chuffed..but this one is for the blokes..

[YOUTUBE]O36mQUPbG08[/YOUTUBE]

and this one for the geeks :) (I love both!)...and I still think stormtroopers are the coolest ever.

[YOUTUBE]ZD9vrXnnEwg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VWvLF4z_W8M[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
great stuff....

[YOUTUBE]qj8kMmUxkSE[/YOUTUBE]

Just about to change from the Best Of The Kinks to Mr Blue Sky, Jeff Lynne's solo rerecording of the Very Best of ELO (much to Yves Geza's disgust while they were down 'ere recently!).

Paul Gascoigne - Never Say Die

[YOUTUBE]qZ5EayHay7w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zP50Ewh31E4[/YOUTUBE]

Alex Clare - Too Close

Good song to have a nice meaty subwoofer and an empty house for (y)

Back