What's going on?

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

I have a Canon 5D mark II and use the 50mm and 24-105mm mostly. I had an issue a few weeks ago that then I took a picture the LCD would show the image preview and it would have a pink strip right at the top (but the rest would be ok) I then take another picture and the pink takes over the whole screen (while still being able to see the subject behind it).

It then got really weird because say I took a picture of a plant and the above happened, I would then switch subject...let's say a mug and the preview would display the previous image over and over again with the pink tone.

I took this in for repair and after inspection they could not find the fault and it worked fine...this happens intermittently and a battery change or lens change seems to reset it. It won't happen again until 2 photos time or something's 50 photos time.

Anyway they thought it might be some loose connections so checked it all out and made sure everything electronically was seated correctly then tested with no issues.

I have been using and it seemed to be ok until last night it started happening again. I'm not getting the pink issue but instead the screen goes white with lines on it and some pink near the top...almost like static. It again seems to work for a bit changing lenses over but it does it with all lenses eventually and I don't know what's happening?

Any idea?

I'll try and save sample if it does it again.

Is it affecting the image on the card, or just on the back of the camera?

Back