What's happened to Flickr?

its back on my i.mac anyway , just managed to upload two pics had to do them separately and its painfully slow .. but I suppose it will improve with time .we can but hope and wait with lips trembling for the bill :jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

So... unless it's life-or-death how about NOT trying until things have settled down, I'm sure most people could help by backing off for a few hours :)
Yes, I’ve come to that conclusion; instead I’m going to actually take some photos. :eek:

I blame China (and probably Putin too).

So... unless it's life-or-death how about NOT trying until things have settled down, I'm sure most people could help by backing off for a few hours :)
As I said a few posts back :D
But but but for some people you'd think it was the end of the world ;)

Yes, I’ve come to that conclusion; instead I’m going to actually take some photos. :eek:

Now, steady on, that's a bit rash isn't it? No point in taking them unless you can upload them to flickr the same minute that you pushed the shutter button :)

Now, steady on, that's a bit rash isn't it? No point in taking them unless you can upload them to flickr the same minute that you pushed the shutter button :)
But there is FB for that (y) :D

Got it back on my I.mac and uploaded a couple of pics but still not got it on the i.pad unless it’s gone tits up again. just checked again now a hour on and as stated its up and running on my i.mac , BUT not accessible on either i.pad or i.phone weird ??

Last edited:
People typically either under- or over-estimate their resource requirements in cloud migrations. It wouldn't;t surprise me if they had contracted for a certain level of network QoS or compute power based on badly-worked out volumetric. /PrivateFraserMode

well the first thing it said to me was I do not following anyone with photos

Then it didnt work again on PC or phone

Flickr screenshot by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
the whole lots gone down again now . just sent them a e.mail stating this should have been sorted before we were forced into paying .lets see what comes back

It won’t let me log in anyway. I get sent a 5 disgit code to my phone, but the code isn’t accepted.

It's comes as no surprise that there's been itches with the migration.... If you consider any program is millions of lines of question, each question is either Yes or No answer will depict which question it will go to next. If it can't answer Yes or No then it all goes belly up... AKA The Bug. And bugs can take years to show due to we all might end up at the same point on the last question, but we might have navigated the software barrage of questions in a billion and one different routes! And until you navigate the right path (or should I say wrong path) you may never come across that particular bug, that says err no moving forward...

But I'm back up, issue logging in, first page yep a nice notice, refresh sorted it. Camera Roll, hope they keep that it is, I like the new layout. Haven't tried to upload anything yet. Was very slow loading when I first logged in this morning, but speeds seem to be improving each time.

So no main complaints yet.

I haven't got 1000 photographs loaded up, so until I reach this point I'm not sure whether I will change over to the paid version.

Camera Roll, hope they keep that it is, I like the new layout.

:D

Opera Snapshot_2019-05-24_144529_www.flickr.com.png

I haven't got 1000 photographs loaded up, so until I reach this point I'm not sure whether I will change over to the paid version.
You do realise that as long as you use totally different details you can have more than 1 free account?
I wonder how long it'll be before they plug that though ;)

:D

View attachment 245941

You do realise that as long as you use totally different details you can have more than 1 free account?
I wonder how long it'll be before they plug that though ;)

I didn't see the notice, just went to the layout, which I actually do like.

As to free accounts, not sure if I'd could go to the hassle of sorting out different email identities, which would require me remembering another lot of Passwords, which I'm not very good at. But I'll see what happens when we hit the 999th photo going up.

Well they seem to have really messed Flickr up, so slow to upload and share and keeps crashing :rolleyes:

Well they seem to have really messed Flickr up, so slow to upload and share and keeps crashing :rolleyes:
Just tried both, its working OK for me.
On the off chance its a browser compatibility problem (I've noticed this in the past, elsewhere)
Windows 7 Opera..

Just tried both, its working OK for me.
On the off chance its a browser compatibility problem (I've noticed this in the past, elsewhere)
Windows 7 Opera..
I'm on Mac using safari, hopefully it will improve over the next few days (y)

I'm on Mac using safari, hopefully it will improve over the next few days (y)
TBH I rarely use Flicker and I probably wouldn't have even looked at it this weekend, had it not been for this thread.

I'm sure they'll get there (y)
They might even offer rebates for the "pro's" :D

tenor.gif

still no joy with the phone or i.pad and apart from 2 this morning I cant upload any more shots either , not been thought out properly imho

the whole lots gone down again now . just sent them a e.mail stating this should have been sorted before we were forced into paying .lets see what comes back

I wonder how much data they haven’t had to move by sorting the image limits/payment thing first...

It's let me upload an image this afternoon, so it's getting there.

I wonder how much data they haven’t had to move by sorting the image limits/payment thing first...
The question is did they ever do as they said they would. I've read that many with over the limit never had deletions.

I went in last night (10pm PDT May 23rd) and signed up for a new account. Had no problems doing so. Today, May 24th at 9:20am, here, the site is more off than on. So, I will take the advice or suggestions given above and stay off the site for a few days. I'll stop in at night here today when all to the east of me - Europe and the U.S. have gone to bed to see if it is still alive or gone to ashes.

just managed to upload two new images that's 4 in total today , but cant share them as the buttons gone ....

also had a reply to my earlier e/mail which then provided a link to the ongoing status ,apparently they have disabled the mobile apps which is why the phone and i.pad aren't working but its amazing they got the payments section up and running quickly ... total f*****g shambles ..

change that the share button has just re-appeared :runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

Last edited:
Not taking photos for me, get them up but then it just tells me uploading has timed out and it stalls with no 'Ok' or anything to bring it to an end ... sigh.

Uploaded 10 shots just under an hour ago (20.00hrs) and shared with no issues.

GC

I have android and still can't log in. On the PC though I can see my photostream hooray but can't upload and not a single person I follow has a photo.
However I am happy my photos are all there - although all are at Ipernity as well.
I am thinking about joining a third service to be 100% safe.

I get a new error every time

flickrerror2.jpg

But it has allowed me at least upload a couple of testers, and even though i got this error for three of them the titles did actually change

I’ve managed to upload and share now (y)

iPhone app still crashing when I try to look at my albums, was going to show my mate what Flickr is all about. he was not impressed one bit.

Managed to upload the two photos I wanted to upload yesterday. It took about three times longer than normal; no wonder, one of the photo had uploaded three times! A quick deletion of two of them, and an 'edit' to the TP thread I'd posted the image on (in case I'd inadvertently linked to one of the two versions I'd deleted) and all is well.

I'm glad Flickr is back, particularly as I have a free account with them. I might have been mildly disgruntled and gone 'Tut' if I'd been paying for the service but, as a freebie, I can't complain about it at all. In my opinion it's better than Photobucket; talking of which, I had an email from Photobucket today saying 'Your account is over limit'. Apparently limitations take effect from 1st June 2019. If so, how is my account over limit on the 24th of May? Considering I've not even logged into Photobucket since they stopped image hosting for free, I'm not paying that information much attention!

Back