whats in your camera bag?

Edit My Images
No
Hey all,

Firstly, if this breaks any rules, I will happily ammend/remove. I dont want to cause any issues trying to promote a blog. I have double checked and I dont think it does.... :)

Anyway, I've created a blog for a bit of fun and light informative reading. Photographers of any field/experience can submit a pic of their camera bag and kit from their most commonly used bag. Adjoining with a few words about why they use said bag/kit.

I was hoping that as we have such a wide variety of photographers at all different levels that some may which to contribute.

blog address -

http://whats-in-my-camera-bag.blogspot.co.uk

Would anyone be interested to share?

Again, I appreciate this is promotion of a blog and I will remove if theres any issues.

ta
Ben

I'm always interested in this kind of thing and seeing how heavy/light people pack.

Will put pictures and list of my bag which is packed up ready for next week

Bag: Lowepro 400 AW Flipside
Occasion: 10 days in America next week
Contents:

Last edited:
I'm always interested in this kind of thing and seeing how heavy/light people pack.

Will put pictures and list of my bag which is packed up ready for next week

Bag: Lowepro 400 AW Flipside
Occasion: 10 days in America next week
Contents:

Thats one of the reasons why I was interested in doing it. If you want to email me whatsinmycamerabag@gmail.com the pic of the bag next to the kit and then a bit about why that would be great.

I have all my kit in a lowepro vertex for kind if storage at home and for outings I take my slingshot 200.

Dependant on the outing I swap and change the kit I think I will need!!

I have all my kit in a lowepro vertex for kind if storage at home and for outings I take my slingshot 200.

Dependant on the outing I swap and change the kit I think I will need!!

would you be able to submit a pic of your kit with a few words about why you use the bag and included kit?

Camera with 50 on it. 28 for the wides. More film. Lens pen. Kindle. Tobacco tin. Aniseed balls.

Camera with 50 on it. 28 for the wides. More film. Lens pen. Kindle. Tobacco tin. Aniseed balls.

Norters could you do the same? Take a pic and either pm or email me it with a few words about why you use said bag/kit?

I'll see if my brother can take some shots for me when he's next up, it will be different to say the least ;)

Hey Benny, already got you on twitter, just saw this and thought I'd say hi.

Kev

I'd love the idea of this.

Ill send you mine in a few days if you want. I'm waiting on a few items to arrive first including the same lowepro slingshot bag as yours ( glad I chose that one now).
I'm just new to the DSLR camera and have a D3200 nikon. Plus most of my kit is of eBay due to the low prices so I can try my hand at more.

I'd love the idea of this.

Ill send you mine in a few days if you want. I'm waiting on a few items to arrive first including the same lowepro slingshot bag as yours ( glad I chose that one now).
I'm just new to the DSLR camera and have a D3200 nikon. Plus most of my kit is of eBay due to the low prices so I can try my hand at more.

No rush mate. Im posting one per day so as and when.

I hate my camera bag it too heavy. Much more fun is my nx10 with a 30mm pancake around my neck 500g. My bag hasn't left the house since getting it.

I hate my camera bag it too heavy. Much more fun is my nx10 with a 30mm pancake around my neck 500g. My bag hasn't left the house since getting it.

We would still want to blog that. Want to show what all sort of togs use and why. So would be ideal.

Are we talking cameras or the other bits and bobs we carry around? If it's the latter mine varies a lot depending on what I'm doing.

Are we talking cameras or the other bits and bobs we carry around? If it's the latter mine varies a lot depending on what I'm doing.

Yeah, what evers in the bag. Just picture the lot and put a Breif description about how sometimes you use xyz and others you use abc etc. Tbh, I appreciate anything!

Here's another for you, emailed you the images, just thought get some pictures going in the thread too.

This is one of the bags I'll be carrying on my flight in the morning.

Bag: Lowe Pro Flipside 400 AW, excellent bag, just inside long haul flight size restrictions. However will have to go into the hold for at least a couple of the smaller plane/jet flights next week. *gulp*

2x Bodies (7D and 50D)
Canon 70-200 2.8
Sigma 150-500
Sigma 10-20
Canon 50 1.8
YN560 Flash
Torch- Essential. Will be staying on the south rim of the Grand Canyon for 2 nights, very little light. Plus comes in handy for any light painting.
Rocket Blower
Lens Pens
Spare Memory (45gb in total)
500 gb usb 3 drive- To back up all photos every evening. Will not be kept with camera gear for duration of the trip just in case.
iPad w/connecter- On the fly viewing and killing time during time lapses.
Notepad- One of the most useful tools. Jotting down locations and image numbers. Will be doing some GPS tagging where battery allows.
Lens cloths

Will have a second carry on with filter equipment (ND grads, polariser and holders), laptop, s100 compact camera.

Suitcase will have chargers, spare batteries, tripod, and least importantly, clothes.

MG_0711.jpg

MG_0713.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another for you, emailed you the images, just thought get some pictures going in the thread too.

This is one of the bags I'll be carrying on my flight in the morning.

Bag: Lowe Pro Flipside 400 AW, excellent bag, just inside long haul flight size restrictions. However will have to go into the hold for at least a couple of the smaller plane/jet flights next week. *gulp*

2x Bodies (7D and 50D)
Canon 70-200 2.8
Sigma 150-500
Sigma 10-20
Canon 50 1.8
YN560 Flash
Torch- Essential. Will be staying on the south rim of the Grand Canyon for 2 nights, very little light. Plus comes in handy for any light painting.
Rocket Blower
Lens Pens
Spare Memory (45gb in total)
500 gb usb 3 drive- To back up all photos every evening. Will not be kept with camera gear for duration of the trip just in case.
iPad w/connecter- On the fly viewing and killing time during time lapses.
Notepad- One of the most useful tools. Jotting down locations and image numbers. Will be doing some GPS tagging where battery allows.
Lens cloths

Will have a second carry on with filter equipment (ND grads, polariser and holders), laptop, s100 compact camera.

Suitcase will have chargers, spare batteries, tripod, and least importantly, clothes.

Dude. Awesome

One last thing, want to message me your name?

You have PM...
dsc_1531_zpsb0ca5bb0.jpg

My pocket-money retro film kit.... twas retro when I started it... before there was an alternative to film!

You have PM...

My pocket-money retro film kit.... twas retro when I started it... before there was an alternative to film!

Yeah I saw, wont let me view on my phone for some reason. Will have a ganders tomorrow. Thanks for submitting.

Mike I have very nearly an identical bag to that in my attic, lighter brown but looks the same.

In this 'storage bag'

What's in my bag! by BlackBird Lee, on Flickr
Is ..
D800
Nikon 80-400VR
extension tubes
2x converter
Nikon 50mm f1.4
Sigma 24-70 f2.8
Nikon SB600
and not quite visible, by Cokin Filters and holders

(and a gap for my Sigma 17-35 that I have lent to a friend)

What's in my bag! by BlackBird Lee, on Flickr

and here... is
D800 with sigma 24-70
nikon 50mm
SB600
and in the top.. my filters and holder.

the equipment in the slingshot gets swapped as i need it.

excuse the photos!!! taken on the iPhone

Mike I have very nearly an identical bag to that in my attic, lighter brown but looks the same.
Lol! It's very 60's isn't it!
Curiously that one was discovered in an attic, too! (like so much of that kit, I think!)

Ponder Point: Why is it every-one's camera bag is jammed full?
Danger_zpsf71644c7.jpg

and a gap for my Sigma 17-35 that I have lent to a friend
Yeah.. this is the only reason there's a 'hole' isn't it?
Nature abhors a vacuum, no more than it does empty slots in a camera bag.
They just HAVE to be filled.
Preferably with something expensive, and suddenly 'essential' to the craft, and the longer that hole is there, the more essential, and the more expensive it's filling matter must be.
Get your lens back, Little-Acre, get it back SOON, or you will be at serious risk of finding something, probably on evil-bay, that is SO much more essential to fill that gap than your lens! Your mate will be richer one Sigma 17-35; you'll be the poorer the price of a Nikon 12-24 and convinced that he has done you a favour.... but that's just the camera-bag hole effect!:D

Lee's wife says.... 'How is it that you know my husband (and his purchasing mind processes) so well - that is way too freaky for words' !!!

edit : wife hijacked my laptop!!!

(and yes, I have my eye on an Nikon 85mm 1.4 hahahaha (shhhhhh)

Last edited:
Something that would be interesting for the site...weight.

It would be pretty quick/easy to stick your bag on a set of scales and submit that along with your photo/list.

For example I would be fascinated to know what an average DSLR kit in a shoulder bag weighs vs my Micro 4/3s kit.

Here's my Billingham 550 with:
EOS 1Ds and 3 spare batteries, EOS 3 film camera with batteries and a couple of rolls of film, 2 speedlites - 540EZ and a Yongnuo 580 II, grips for one of the 7D's and the 40D, various filters, some cheap Yongnuo triggers (back-ups for the Strato 2's), cleaning kit, remote releases, lens caps, battery pack for the 580 EX II, tripod plate, extension tubes and the 40D goes nosedown in one of the dividers with a Sigma 17-70 f2.8 lens attached.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ksgphotography/8482689195/

I use it as my backup bag nowadays and have reviewed it here:
http://ksgphotography.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/billingham-550-camera-bag.html

For some reasons I've not been getting any notifications about all the posts! Great to see this is genererating a bit of interest. Racked up over a thousand hits in a week. Pretty happy with that!

Here are mine..

A quick run down of my bags and their uses. My gear list changes on a regular basis but my bags don’t seem to.

Day Bag
Used if I’m just lifting my camera to take out with the children etc for the day or even taking on holiday. This bag is a good size and easily fits the items below. Although I would say it’s quite flimsy and not very well padded, but it is cheap (£28) and useful.

1. Lowepro Exchange Messenger
2. Nikon D700 with 8GB CF Card
3. Nikon 50mm F1.4 D AF lens
4. Vivitar 24mm F2.8 Manual Focus lens
5. Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
6. 52mm Variable ND Filter
7. 52mm CPL
8. 77mm Expodisc
9. Rosco Gel Pack with holder
10. Lens cloth
11. Optech Sling strap
13. Hand Strap
14. Nikon flash stand

20130215_camerabags-1070108-1.jpg

20130215_camerabags-1070109-2.jpg

Large Bag

Everything I own in this, I’m some things I don’t, like the 70-200mm (dads) I use this to keep all my camera gear and throw it into the car when I want to bring everything with me.

Lowepro Nova 5
Nikon D700 with 8GB CF Card
Nikon 50mm F1.4 D AF lens
Vivitar 24mm F2.8 Manual Focus lens
Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
52mm Variable ND Filter
52mm CPL
77mm Expodisc
Rosco Gel Pack with holder
Lens cloth
Optech Sling strap
Hand Strap
Nikon flash stand
Misc pouch with the following:
AA Batteries
Permanent marker
Paper
Mutlitool
Spigots, adapters etc
DIY Grid
Velcro strap and 2 flags
Westcott micro Apollo
Nikon SC-17 TTL cable
Torch
Spare battery

20130215_camerabags-1070110-3.jpg

20130215_camerabags-1070113-4.jpg

OFC Bag

This is a great bag for keeping all my OFC kit in one spot, it’s also well padded and has a few pockets for batteries and triggers etc. It also only cost £9..

Small Paul hockey bag
2 Light stands
2 Umbrella Brackets
28” Westcott Apollo softbox
33” Convertible umbrella
Manfrotto Monopod
Minipod

20130215_camerabags-1070114-5.jpg

20130215_camerabags-1070115-6.jpg

Simple answer .... Far too much!! ... But not a problem as I usually manage to get my photography assistant - sorry, I mean my husband - to lug it round for me. Strangely, he doesn't seem to mind too much ....

As for why it's all in there , well .... A girl can't have too many cameras can she?:)

Back