What's in your Pocket?

Name
Morgan Lee
Edit My Images
No
As in what do you carry around if you do not want to carry your SLR kit?

If anything mind.

GO....

I want a Leica!

My bank manager disagrees.

Nothing.
I have a Samsung NV8, but I rarely use it. Not even charged up I don't think.
It is, however, a stunning camera. Super, super sharp pictures, and really nice to use.

Alternatively I use my Samsung F480 Tocco. 5mp, and on a bright day the pictures are awesome. Really sharp and the clarity is something else.
In ANY other conditions, however, it sucks.
Phones and cameras shouldn't mix :p

Phone in the left, grass cubes in the right!! I don't put camera stuff in my pockets for some reason :LOL:

I had a Sigma DP1 specifically for the car glovebox - but every time I wanted to use it, the battery ran flat. It was a known issue, and rendered the camera unfit for my purpose. Shame, because apart from that it was a great camera.

Got a Panasonic LX3 yesterday. Like the G9/10 it's got full manual control and is less chunky than the Canon. Decided not to wait for the Olympus micro-four-thirds compact. Lovely bit of kit, though not really used it in anger yet.

Panny TZ4.It travels with me everywhere in the glovebox of my car.With its 28-280 zoom it is seriously versatile.Its not DSLR IQ but more than adequate.If I am really bothered then a couple of passes in post does the trick.It will fit in a jeans pocket at a pinch but I prefer using a case with a belt attachment.Ive used it for everything from landscapes to Gigs with excellent results.I am blown away by just how good compacts are these days.If you dont expect it to behave like your DSLR then they are brilliant.
Pete.

iPhone :love: goes everywhere with me but rarely use it for photographs as it is one of its few, much discussed, areas of weakness... :LOL: and I bought a Fujifilm Finepix Z20fd (Green) for pocket popping... :D

Although I'm interested in the Olympus micro mentioned by Tobers... :thinking: ... and I can wait... :naughty:

:p

My DSLR comes with me EVERYWHERE. Literally. Even on dates, on the rare occasion they happen.

Panasonic LX3 very soon, tomorrow if im lucky the courier is only a week late!!!!

Nokia N86- 8MP and GREAT quality for a cell phone - variable aperture lens.

Phone in the left, grass cubes in the right!! I don't put camera stuff in my pockets for some reason :LOL:

308019825_bc137f68e6.jpg

:thinking:
http://flickr.com/photos/a440/308019825

Sony DSC-H1 it comes in handy when I'm not allowed to take the DSLR eg football stadiums, concerts or I can't be bothered to take the dslr.

Ixus75 - it is battered and dented now though :| really should stop putting other stuff in the same pocket!

Iphone and Casio Exilim S500/Canon G9/soon Sigma DP1 depends on where im going :)

I carry a Canon Ixus 80 IS with me if I'm on a night out or any other time when the D300 is too big to carry! And my Iphone for the odd instant upload to Facebook!

Always got my phone in my pocket (Sony Ericson K800i) but if I'm expecting to want a camera and don't want to carry the full kit, I'll take my Olympus Mju 770 SW or an elderly Nikon Coolpix 3100.

Olympus Mju 850sw - Image quality isn't the best, but the thing is pretty much bombproof.

I have a Fuji F40 which I used to think took pretty decent pictures for a compact in pretty much all conditions however when I've used it recently it seems to be very noisy in low light conditions as the Auto ISO wacks right up to about 3200. I haven't bothered looking at how you change it.

For an everyday camera I use my Nokia N95 which as camera phones go is pretty good.

I don't consider photos taken with anything other than my D300 to be photography though, they're just throw away snaps.

Well i went into Jessops yesterday and played with the G10 :) I am so temped to get one but then on the other hand not sure how much I would use it.

Canon PowerShot A570 IS, with CHDK.
Fits in my pocket or CamelBak if I'm out on the push iron.

Panasonic DMC-FX30 .. superb little point and shoot camera with great colour in the shots

P1010060.jpg

P1010070.jpg

P1010102.jpg

P1010130.jpg

Back